Sure I’ve had other women,
but none I wanted to call my own.
Until I saw her in the summer time.

Hey! Hey! Idaho!
Where I let my first love go.
And where I learned to say goodbye.

I still recall her golden hair.
Shining in that midnight air.
But our night was ended by the rising sun.

Hey! Hey! Idaho!

I won her over with my guitar,
In that smokey small town bar.
She was the first woman to let me go that far.

Hey! Hey! Idaho!

When I pass the old state line.
I think of a lost love of mine.
And before I know it I am singing…

Hey! Hey! Idaho!

Here's a very simple song I came up with. I actually wrote it to be a traditional bluegrass song, or possibly folk country, but I believe it could easily be transferred to other genres. I play it in the key of G, with a pretty standard progression of GCGDG. If I were to record this song I would probably have a short instrumental break after each chorus played by either a fiddle, banjo, dobro, or a mandolin. I think it would be a great song to get the crowd excited with! Tell me what you think
Last edited by NattyDaddy at Aug 4, 2013,
It definitely has that "get you pumped up" feel to it. Reminds me of the running cadences from the military. Simple writing and a simple concept: a breathe of fresh air compared to alot of the convoluted psuedo-intellectual stuff that is all the rage these days. If I could make a suggestion it would be to add some humor to the song. A little laughter can go a long way into making srangers tune in to you.
Thanks Ramble-on. And yeah, I agree some humor would go a ways in this song. But to be honest this song doesn't really revolve around the lyrics. This is meant to be a traditional bluegrass song where the words simply serve as place holders while band shows off their instrumentation skill by rotating breaks.