I have never used a pedal before and I need just a basic pedal that creates distortion. (For use on an amp without a gain switch). Any inexpensive recomendations?
What kind of gain?

Anything from the Joyo range would be adequate. Don't expect super good results though.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Yah. Joyo Us Dream, Ultimate Drive or Vintage OD.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
What kind of gain?

Anything from the Joyo range would be adequate. Don't expect super good results though.

Are the gfs pedals same as the Joyo?

I don't totally remember but at one point I have heard either way.

If not you have another option.

Hope someone can jump in and verify that.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Are the gfs pedals same as the Joyo?

I don't totally remember but at one point I have heard either way.

If not you have another option.

Hope someone can jump in and verify that.

nah they're biyangs.
I definitely recommend the Joyo Ultimate Drive. Mine sits happily on my board alongside significantly more expensive pedals and it holds it's own extremely well.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Joyo Ultimate Drive, Digitech Bad Monkey, RAT for Blues/Rock
All about the mids!!!!!!!
joyo ultimate drive would be a good call

so would the hot plexi

what do you mean by rock and blues rock? also what's your other gear?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SteveJB1989
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Joyo Ultimate Drive, Digitech Bad Monkey, RAT for Blues/Rock

These.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
nah they're biyangs.

Thanks for the correction. I have never messed with them, but would they be on par with the Joyo pedals? That could broaden options.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i had the phaser, fuzz, and delay. the phaser died, one of the pots on the delay broke, and one of the switches on the fuzz started being dicky. and i never took any of them out of the house. half decent sound, but overall 2/10 would not buy again.
Depends a bit on what amp you have. Just saying that it has no gain doesn't tell us a lot. Fender Deluxes don't have a gain but you'd use a clean boost for distortion, not a distortion pedal. On a clean SS amp, a boost will do nothing good.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by NakedInTheRain
i had the phaser, fuzz, and delay. the phaser died, one of the pots on the delay broke, and one of the switches on the fuzz started being dicky. and i never took any of them out of the house. half decent sound, but overall 2/10 would not buy again.

+1, my biyangs sounded pretty good when they worked, but "when they worked" is the important bit to take from that. Out of 5 I had (a couple of those were replacements, just to clarify ), I think only one is still working properly. and like you, that's with light home use only.

I know people rag on joyo's etc. build quality, but in my experience biyang was even worse! I wouldn't want joyos if I were in a situation where bombproof reliability were important (say, paid gigs or something like that), but I'm reasonably confident they'll work if you're only mucking about in your bedroom or something similar (at least, if they're not DOA, which seems to be the cause of most of the problems with them). I wouldn't even have confidence that biyangs can handle that level of use, if mine (and yours, apparently ) were anything to go by.

It's one thing cheaping out when something's not built as well, but when it's "good enough" for your situation. It's another when the thing is almost guaranteed to break In that case it's just a total waste of money, IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 3, 2013,