Unit 731 atrocities--this video will blow your mind! Worse than Nazis

Page 1 of 3
I already knew about Unit 731, the collection of totally unethical Japanese doctors and scientists, doing vivisection without anesthesia, amputating arms and then re-attaching the left arm to the right side and the right arm to the left side and seeing what happens when the victim recovers, and other horrible things to men, women and children restrained on an operating table, but I didn't know the History Channel made a documentary about it.

There are some other things that I learned about unit 731 that I didn't know, like just how much the United States played a role in it's cover up, but the end result is the same.

They did stuff that was worse than what the Nazi doctors did. (In fact, the historian in the video says that the Nazi 'Dr. Death' could learn a lot from General Ishii--the head of Unit 731)
I mean we are talking about the WORST war crimes in the entire history of mankind!! The Japanese of that generation were the worst ever! And that's coming from someone who is 1/4 Japanese (I'm also 1/2 Chinese, and a 1/4 native Hawaiian). At one point, I wanted to disown my Japanese heritage when I found out about this.

In the video, it gets a LOT worse than what I mentioned above, so....
Warning!! This video is not for the faint of heart:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgtIyNRv3g8
Last edited by mattmakaha at Aug 2, 2013,
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by TheChaz
Fairly sure this isn't the first thread you've made on the subject.

If you look at my posted threads list on my profile page, you're thinking about the thread I made about John Rabe who saved thousands of Chinese during the Nanking Massacre in 1937. I also mention the Nanking massacre in another thread I made about the nature of human cruelty. But I don't think I've mentioned Unit 731 yet, who were the worst of the worst.
If that video has images of gore, nudity or whatever you will have to take it down.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
the US covered it up for the sake of creating the peaceful Japan we know today; although it is important, in terms of understanding Asian politics, to know that China was hit by Japan the way the Jews were hit by the Nazis
Quote by Bad Kharmel
the US covered it up for the sake of creating the peaceful Japan we know today; although it is important, in terms of understanding Asian politics, to know that China was hit by Japan the way the Jews were hit by the Nazis

Slight bugbear here- it wasn't just Jews. In fact, Slav deaths was over DOUBLE that of the Jewish death toll. There's always an emphasis on the Jews, it seems a lot of people forget the real extent of the Nazi genocides.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Slight bugbear here- it wasn't just Jews. In fact, Slav deaths was over DOUBLE that of the Jewish death toll. There's always an emphasis on the Jews, it seems a lot of people forget the real extent of the Nazi genocides.

This. Sinti/Roma groups were enraged when the Berlin monument for remembering the Jewish victims of the Holocaust was announced to be built, because nobody seems to remember the fact that they suffered horrendously as well (as well as gays, trans', blacks, etc.)

And then the Jewish council in Berlin didn't even like the monument.
Quote by CoreysMonster
This. Sinti/Roma groups were enraged when the Berlin monument for remembering the Jewish victims of the Holocaust was announced to be built, because nobody seems to remember the fact that they suffered horrendously as well (as well as gays, trans', blacks, etc.)

Your A Antisemit How Dare You Say Such Things

stalin

what do I win
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by CoreysMonster

I'm not going to get into a long winded argument here with sources and such, but simply: Many historians make the argument that the study of The Holocaust pertains to only Jewish Genocide under Nazi Germany. They say the "undesirables" are not encompassed in this study due to the fact that the Gypsies and Homosexuals were able to avoid oppression by not acting as such (there are laws created by the Nazis allowing certain gypsy groups to avoid the concentration camps if they stopped migrating; as for the homosexuals, well, it's who you know and sometimes as simple as saying you won't do it again, and then not getting caught.) Then there is the whole Wannsee Conference bit.

For those of us that do this kind of research for a living, it's an interesting discussion point.

BTW, OP, way to generalize an entire generation or two of Japanese people.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Aug 2, 2013,
lol godwin's law
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
I'm not going to get into a long winded argument here with sources and such, but simply: Many historians make the argument that the study of The Holocaust pertains to only Jewish Genocide under Nazi Germany. They say the "undesirables" are not encompassed in this study due to the fact that the Gypsies and Homosexuals were able to avoid oppression by not acting as such (there are laws created by the Nazis allowing certain gypsy groups to avoid the concentration camps if they stopped migrating; as for the homosexuals, well, it's who you know and sometimes as simple as saying you won't do it again, and then not getting caught.) Then there is the whole Wannsee Conference bit.

For those of us that do this kind of research for a living, it's an interesting discussion point.

I'm not as well-informed about this as you apparently are, I just know that Sinti/Roma groups are still pretty pissed that all they got was a little pond with a triangle in it to remember the victims of their families under the Nazis, and the Jews got a gigantic, awesome structure that cost ridiculous amounts of money to build - and also that it only came as an after-thought after they started complaining.
Quote by Bad Kharmel

Exactly.
If the Imperial Japanese Army had there way, they would have killed every last Chinese man, woman, and child.
As it was, via the invasion of China, the Japanese were responsible through either directly killing or causing famine, of the deaths of over 17 million Chinese civilians!!
17 million!!
Go look it up, if anyone doesn't believe me, look under casualties of the second Sino-Japanese war (China versus Japan) from 1937 - 1945.
The Japanese had the "anything goes" attitude in war, and so therefore dropped chemical and biological weapons on Chinese villages.
Quote by MinterMan22
Your A Antisemit How Dare You Say Such Things

Pro Palestianean German Nazi Supporter Jew Hater
This thread:

>combining racial identity with ideology
>feeling shame for acts by people atleast 90% of the world has never heard of
>discussing the Jews rather than the topic
>henceforth, pro-semite prejewdice

It doesn't really make sense to compare Unit 731 to the entire Holocaust. The killing and gassing the Jews (and others) is and forever will be a black stain on our history, not arguing about that, but is that really the comparative material of choice when we have Dr. Mengele to moan about ?

Mengele did the same things as 731, albeit on a much smaller scale. Vivisection, replacing limbs with other limbs, doing the same with twins and triplets, checking out what certain poisons do, and see if ethnicity predetermines weaknesses just to give Hitler a scientific basis, amongst other things. Gassing doesn't even come close.

*IDF* Israel is a just nation founded by proper means and the Palestinians as an ancient civilization are wrong for claiming Jerusalem as their personal patch of desert when it's nothing short of the greatest Jew city of the world. *IDF*
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Pro Palestianean German Nazi Supporter Jew Hater

Hey!

That's my title.

MY title.
I find it disturbing that everyone feels the need to one-up things. 'A holocaust? Ha! This regime killed way more people! I win!'
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Ya, unit 731 was ****ed up. Its cover up more so.

That kind of thing happened a lot. A lot of people are unaware for example the amount of successful modern companies that profiteered in the most horrific ways from the Holocaust. The worst example being the German conglomerate IG Farben. IG Farben held the patents for Zyklon B and almost half of the company the made it; however worse than that it also worked closely with the Nazi government to build Auschwitz III for the manufacture of synthetic rubber using Slave Labour from the concentration camps. Jews were also used to medical testing.
Following the war IG Farben was split up into its constituent companies, including pharmaceutical manufacturer Bayer. One of the former heads of IG Farben, Fritz ter Meer, went on to become Chairperson of Bayer in the 50s following his release. Other members of the board of IG Farben, having been convicted of warcrimes, went on to lead German Industry, including taking up senior roles in firms as prestigious as Deutsche Bank.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
i remember the detentions spent at school just sitting on the computers doing 'history research' reading loads of stuff like this. still sickens me to think about it.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Don't worry TS, I got Call of Duty: World at War from a charity shop today and have been shooting loads of Japs. So... hopefully that makes you feel better.
Quote by Burgery

This
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by mattmakaha
Exactly.
If the Imperial Japanese Army had there way, they would have killed every last Chinese man, woman, and child.

That would be pretty dumb, armies don't invade countries to kill everybody like a james bond villain, they need dat slave labor.

Then after the japanese left, the chinese people were raped and killed by the russians instead.
The Japanese of that generation were the worst ever! And that's coming from someone who is 1/4 Japanese (I'm also 1/2 Chinese, and a 1/4 native Hawaiian). At one point, I wanted to disown my Japanese heritage when I found out about this.

Because the actions of a few people reflect what the entire group would do.
Quote by ninnipinni93
That would be pretty dumb, armies don't invade countries to kill everybody like a james bond villain, they need dat slave labor.

Then after the japanese left, the chinese people were raped and killed by the russians instead.

"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Bad Kharmel
the US covered it up for the sake of creating the peaceful Japan we know today

Right, that's why they covered it up
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Men Behind the Sun is an interesting if rather disturbing film which explores the experiments at Unit 731. Worth a watch if you're not too faint hearted.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Ur all $h1t

This was all I thought about during my AP World test . Unfortunately none of the essays covered the Mongols.
So was Japan getting nuked just one big karma bomb the Japanese had coming?

WW2 was like the barbaric wars they had during the middle ages, but with tanks, guns, and bombs. Thankfully many nations have become more civil now.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Aug 2, 2013,
It's a shame that these countries had such effective propaganda machines. A lot of, if not the majority, of German soldiers didn't believe the "wild claims" about the genocide, or thought that they were fighting a defensive war, etc.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
It's a shame that these countries had such effective propaganda machines. A lot of, if not the majority, of German soldiers didn't believe the "wild claims" about the genocide, or thought that they were fighting a defensive war, etc.

Well towards the early 1944s, Germany technically WAS fighting a defensive war, but that's a different story.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
I think OP ate paint chips as a kid.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
jesus christ you're really hung up on this, aren't you?

Well recently, I've had to do some soul searching. I felt like I was lied to, betrayed. I mean, since I was young, I've been told about Bushido and 'death before dishonor," to have great pride in my Japanese heritage.
I've grown up feeling sorry for Japan being the victim of two atomic bombs, and angry at my country the United States for using the atomic bombs.

I've collected almost the entire Zatoichi series on DVD, a huge fan of Hayao Miyazaki, Aya Ueto, have Akira Kurosawas DVDs, and now I can't even watch them anymore without having a sick feeling.
I mean 'death before dishonor', where is the honor of cutting open pregnant women and sticking the fetus on a bayonet and parading it around the street? (in Nanking)
Where is the honor in raping infants?
It was all just a lie. Honor? What a bunch of bullshit.

I swear, while I was watching the video I posted in the OP, by the time it got to the point in the video where they showed the bombing of Hiroshima, I was thinking "good for them", they deserved it, big time.
I went from being angry at my own country the United States for using atomic bombs, to now wishing they should have dropped more atomic bombs on Japan, if they had them.
Do you know what General George C. Marshall, the highest ranking officer in the U.S. army, said after he found out about the Bataan death march? This is what he said:
"These brutal reprisals upon helpless victims evidence the shallow advance from savagery which the Japanese people have made. [...] We serve notice upon the Japanese military and political leaders as well as the Japanese people that the future of the Japanese race itself, depends entirely and irrevocably upon their capacity to progress beyond their aboriginal barbaric instincts"

That was only in response to finding out about the Bataan death march. If he had known about all the other atrocities of the Imperial Japanese Army throughout the Pacific, he probably wouldn't even bother sending them a message, and instead proceeded with wiping Japan off the map. Japan is damn lucky that at the end of the war, the USA didn't just go into Japan and rape and kill its citizens, like the IJA did to the Chinese during the Nanking Massacre.

Yes I realize today's Japan is different and more civilized, but when you hear stuff about Japan trying to revise history in the textbooks they use for their children, removing the Nanking Massacre from textbooks like it never happened. The prime minister visiting the Yakusani shrine where convicted war criminals are buried. And just recently a mayor of a Japanese city (I forget which city it was), said that the 'comfort women' were necessary for the Imperial Japanese Army, causing outrage in South Korea and China, and I get that sick feeling again.

I'm glad that there's been more interest in the Nanking Massacre recently. Ever since the 70th anniversary of the Nanking Massacre, there was a slew of recent movies made, and I've seen 3 of them in the last 2 months, John Rabe, City of Life and Death, and Flowers of War, and although some of those characters were fictional, the Nanking Massacre was real, and now that these movies are out, it's harder for Japan to deny it's atrocities during that time. I didn’t really like Christian Bale before, but now I appreciate him for making Flowers of War, because I know that on forums I’ve seen, there are people who are Christian Bale fans that watched Flowers of War only because of him, and found out about the Nanking Massacre because of the film, and wanted to know more about it.

It’s okay to forgive, but not forget, never forget….
Page 1 of 3