So does anybody ever get friend requests from chicks that just have a bunch of pictures of themselves in bikinis and lingerie? And like they seem super slutty, but add friends who are all like trashy dudes from Mexico or trashy American dudes who think having a fast car is impressive to women.

Like really, what's up with this shit? Is it REALLY 16-20 year old bitches who want attention (that seems a little unlikely) or is it some weird dude in his basement who is trying to sell you something (that seems way more likely)? Or what do you think? I believe they must have some endgame, but I can't figure out what that it.

For the record, I never except the request if there isn't a vague chance I might know them from some event or something.

I know at least some of you have gotten these friend requests and thought, "Yeah, you're hot, but who the **** are you? I doubt you're a real person." So yeah, anytheories? I can't help but be curious: how exactly are they selling shit? (and what are they selling.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Aug 2, 2013,
People are stupid.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
People are stupid.

I assume you're referring to the guys that add them, and yes that seems obvious. I mean, it's some attractive young girl offering "friendship." That's some great marketing, but what's the product. Are people capitalizing on this? And how?
I always thought they were just fake accounts? Unless there are actually these kinds of people out there. My faith in humanity just dropped further.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
well you see, some girls grow up without a strong male rolemodel in their lives so they add you on facebook because they feel an emptiness deep inside, a hole that needs to be filled if you catch my drift
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I get these all the time. I recognized the girl in the picture of one of these accounts as rosie jones lol
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Yeah, Facebook messages like that are so weird.

Not like Tatjana, the beautiful Ukranian UGer who sent me a message pledging her undying love. I think we're engaged now.
Haven't had many on Facebook, but I do get occasional emails in my spambox from 'girls' in Russia. Usually saying how they are looking for love, and talking as if they've already found it with me even though I've never replied.

Always assumed they were spambots, but I did reply to one and she's been talking back - actually answering my email albeit with fairly generic stuff that's probably cut & pasted from other emails. She's also been sending some nice pictures that get more adventurous each time
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Yup male and female. I thought they were fake and then I realized I knew them and we have mutual friends so yeah I think they just like adding people on fb
cat
Quote by CoreysMonster

Not like Tatjana, the beautiful Ukranian UGer who sent me a message pledging her undying love. I think we're engaged now.

Yeah, fake accounts would never happen on UG!
I think it's funny that girls I actually know put pictures up that make them look hot, but in real life they're not hot at all. They seem to think they're as hot as their profile pic
Quote by CoreysMonster

That bitch!

I will take her back for you Corey, I swear it.
pinga
It's called "metrics" it's the same thing when you see the "Like if you can see the picture" or 'Comment to see what happens" crap. They are raising their likes and comments and/or friends. There are companies out there who will buy the profile after the numbers are brought up high enough, then when that company posts about things, it will pop up in your feed if you've got it set to "Most Popular". They don't have to pay facebook for ads, and their stuff shows up in your feed.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I had this happen once last semester. The girl wasn't super hot, but still pretty good looking. I thought, "who is this, and why did she add me?"

so then I asked two of my friends who actually accepted her friend request and they said they didn't know her, so I was like lolnope.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I've gotten the requests but I know it's bullshit.

Quote by ryanbwags
It's called "metrics" it's the same thing when you see the "Like if you can see the picture" or 'Comment to see what happens" crap. They are raising their likes and comments and/or friends. There are companies out there who will buy the profile after the numbers are brought up high enough, then when that company posts about things, it will pop up in your feed if you've got it set to "Most Popular". They don't have to pay facebook for ads, and their stuff shows up in your feed.

This.
Quote by ryanbwags

AHA! and there's the answer I was looking for (also the one above it). I knew there had to be some sort of profitable endgame there.
Ok, now that we've got some substantial answers does anybody have that pic of the like 12 year old kid posting on some chicks photo something about drilling so deep "in dat ass" or something like that?
Quote by snipelfritz
Ok, now that we've got some substantial answers does anybody have that pic of the like 12 year old kid posting on some chicks photo something about drilling so deep "in dat ass" or something like that?

My mate sent me that on my ps3, don't know how to find it now though.
Quote by snipelfritz

^that's it.

I'm pretty much ready for a mod to close this thread because it had sufficiently met all of my needs.

Unless anyone has seen any more ridiculous things like that.
I like instagram better. Sue me.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Yeah they're just exploiting those people that feel that having 192832839 facebook friends makes you super popular and awesome and not a basement dweller.

Having accepted one of these people out of curiosity, they wasted no time in sharing hundreds of pics of "offers" and messaging me asking for sponsorship and shizzle like that. Needless to say they got reported, deleted and blocked pretty quickly haha!!
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
I got added by one of these accounts once. I found the brief message exchange that we had:

Me: Hey there, I don't think I know you, do I? Your Facebook looks kind of...fake.
Skank: Sorry, I guess I don't know you. What do you mean fake? LOL!

The account was banned / deleted the next day.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦