Poll: What's your go-to sleeping position?
Poll Options
View poll results: What's your go-to sleeping position?
Back
15 9%
Side
83 52%
Stomach
35 22%
Any
28 17%
Voters: 161.
Page 1 of 2
I've found that I can't sleep unless I'm on my side, unless I'm so sleepy my eyelids will just slowly close, in which case I could probably even sleep on a chair. It's not working out well though. It's super comfortable, but if I don't have a bolster it's kind of hard to get into a neutral position without putting my body into a weird position.

What about you?

Bonus question: How light a sleeper are you?

I used to be able to sleep with all kinds of noise around me, and there was a stage where I was kind of afraid of the dark, so I'd keep the TV on and have it shut off automatically after half an hour. Nowadays I can't sleep except in the dark in silence.

My sister also used to drive me to school when I was in high school, so she'd be the one to wake me up in the morning. I can sometimes wake up, stand up and go straight to the washroom without delay with just one tap..
Last edited by triface at Aug 2, 2013,
i can only sleep on my side although when i'm drunk or incredibly sleep deprived (both happen pretty often tbh) i tend to fall asleep on my stomach cause i just fall over and don't bother to roll back to where i was

Side. Apparently it's related to being stressed or something, but I bet that's pseudoscience
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
I don't know. I get uncomfortable and start switching sleeping positions every ten minutes. Also there was one time when I slept through an earthquake so I don't think I'm a very light sleeper.
I tend to change positions during the night, but when trying to drift off I'll generally be on my side.

I do need complete darkness and silence though.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Any, and i'm a modest to heavy sleeper. Most days being on my side is the most comfortable but I can fall asleep in any of those 3 positions.
pinga
I usually start off on my back for about half hour until I start to doze off and then I switch to my right side and usually stay there the rest of the time.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Prone position is best position, no matter what you're talking about.

I'm also typically a very heavy sleeper.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by MinterMan22
i can only sleep on my side although when i'm drunk or incredibly sleep deprived (both happen pretty often tbh) i tend to fall asleep on my stomach cause i just fall over and don't bother to roll back to where i was

pretty similar. I like curling up as small as I can on my side and tucking my comforter in around me so I'm wrapped up all cozy and tight. if I get into that position I'll fall asleep really fast, though I can sleep in any position as long as I feel like sleeping. if I'm sleep deprived or drunk i fall asleep on my stomach or my back and stay that way until I wake up.

I'm a heavy sleeper unless someone says my name or opens my door in which case I wake up instantly. its actually pretty creepy
cat
I'm light, with one eye open.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
I can only sleep on my side if I'm facing a wall

And I sleep like a dead man, I've fallen out of my bed and not woken up before
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
I usually lie on my back with my arms draped around the two women at both my sides. Thats just me though.
to here knows when
On my stomach, arms up under the pillow or on my side with my hands next to my face, kinda like the recovery position. I have a fear of sleeping on my back though.
I sleep on my side. I have a really hard time falling asleep whilst on my back. But, for some reason, I have way more vivid dreams when I fall asleep on my back.

I just recently learned how to sleep with my eyes open.......man, I'm tired.
Super stomach sleeper. Sleeping for extended periods on my side really, really, really causes me to have shoulder pain.
Sleeping on my back is the most comfortable to me. unfortunately, unless i sleep on my stomach, I get sleep paralysis most every night. It kinda sucks
Foetus is the most "natural" for a human.

Some guy I know is a drummer and he told me he always sleeps on his stomach, at the age of 17 he got hernia.

If you sleep on your back, put a pillow under your knees.

Never sleep on your stomach.
For those that sleep on your back it might help (with sleep paralysis or neck pressure/pain) to place a blanket/pillow on the side and lean your head against it.

Sounds uncomfortable to leave your head turned at a sharp angle all night.
Quote by Dimarzio45
I sleep on my side. I have a really hard time falling asleep whilst on my back. But, for some reason, I have way more vivid dreams when I fall asleep on my back.

This.

I used to only have nightmares when sleeping on my back. Sometimes I'd do it for a thrill
Quote by Gorelord666

I'm somewhere between freefaller and foetus.

I'm a heavy sleeper too, though certain things make me up no problem.
Last edited by RPGoof at Aug 2, 2013,
I have a really hard time getting to sleep, but when I am asleep I tend to stay that way.

And I don't prefer a position.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by Gorelord666

none of these demonstrate how i sleep. i look like the side view of a hilariously drunk person trying to run right as he starts to trip
I sleep on my stomach with my head resting on its left side (im a lefty so that may be why) and my right arm tucked under the pillow. I know it's a terrible position and every now and then i get some neck pain, but its the only way I can fall asleep. Im weird.

Like this

(Invalid img)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Ssargentslayer
This.

I used to only have nightmares when sleeping on my back. Sometimes I'd do it for a thrill

Holy crap! Im the same way! Every time i force myself or involuntarily fall asleep on my back I get terrible nightmares. Like the scariest shit iv ever dreamed of has been while sleeping on my back.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I sleep on my back arms at my side, only way I can. Although, as I'm falling asleep I always need to go through an absurd ritual of rolling to one side, and another and a bunch of other positions I know I wont fall asleep in.

I'm a moderate heaviness sleeper. If someone comes in the room, I'll typically wake up if I'm not in really deep sleep or if they're not sneaking extra quietly. But I tend to wake up slowly and usually just keep laying there with my eyes close until I fall back to sleep.

If I'm traveling, like in a plane or car (and not driving of course) I have an uncanny ability to just fall asleep if I try to. It's like the best way to pass time.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
honestly i think the multitude of variables concerning pillows is far more interesting. pillow density, pillow temperature, angle of head, part of head resting on the pillow, how many pillows, anime body pillows, etc.
On my back, my head tilted to face one side is my sleeping position. I find sleeping on my side in the first aid "recovery" position brings out the most vivid dreams.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
honestly i think the multitude of variables concerning pillows is far more interesting. pillow density, pillow temperature, angle of head, part of head resting on the pillow, how many pillows, anime body pillows, etc.

pillow, pillow pillow. Pillow? Pillow pillow pillow. Pillow...pillow!

I find it hard to imagine someone sleeping on their stomach unless they're a seal.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I can't sleep on my back because I feel suffocated when I do. I used to like sleeping on my stomach, but can't do,that now. So I sleep on my side, whenever it is that I do sleep.

I'm a very light sleeper. I can be up for 3 days and go to sleep dog tired and any type of noise beyond my fan will wake me up and keep me awake.
I sleep on my side with my arm under the pillow. it hurts my neck cause my pillow blows.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I sleep really weird. Sometimes if I'm really tired I lay on my stomach and arms and hang my head off the bed.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I usually fall asleep on my back, sometimes my side. I never wake up in the same position though, I'm an adventurous sleeper. Ill wake up facing the opposite end of my bed or sideways in it once in a while, or have my feet hanging off entirely. So I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, but I can wake up quickly once someone gets me up.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Page 1 of 2