I've been hacking on electrics for nearly 30 years and I've realized my fingers just aren't' fast enough to keep up with the music I'd prefer playing. So I'm going to purchase my first acoustic and I've decided on the venerable Yamaha FG700s. I played with one at Guitar Center and it felt pretty nice. I want something economical yet with decent sound and feel. From everything I've read the FG700S fits the bill.

I was looking for the best deals and thought about picking up this bundle from Kraft.
http://www.kraftmusic.com/yamaha-fs700s-small-body-folk-acoustic-guitar-natural-complete-guitar-bundle.html

Comes with a hardshell case and some other accessories.

Musicians friend has the sunburst version for $159 now with free shipping which is a good deal but not real crazy about the sunburst paint.

What are your thoughts?

I have one local music store here in my town but they don't sell Yamaha. And their service has been spotty so I really don't have an issue buying online.
Well; the guitar in that bundle deal is identified as a Yamaha FS700S, not an FG700S. The FS series has a smaller body than the Dreadnaught-sized FG series. If you want the FG700S, then the bundle will not work for you. Musician's Friend (and others) have the natural-finished FG700S for sale at US$200.00.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Well; the guitar in that bundle deal is identified as a Yamaha FS700S, not an FG700S. The FS series has a smaller body than the Dreadnaught-sized FG series. If you want the FG700S, then the bundle will not work for you. Musician's Friend (and others) have the natural-finished FG700S for sale at US$200.00.

Good catch. I must have posted the wrong link. I meant this one http://www.kraftmusic.com/yamaha-fg700s-acoustic-guitar-complete-guitar-bundle.html

Regardless, its a moot point. I purchased the sandburst version from musicians friend for $159 shipped. Didn't like the sandburst paint as well as the natural but it was $40 cheaper than anywhere else so I said what the heck. Should be a solid piece for that price.