I have this problem with my Ibanez AEL20e, whenever i plug it into an amp of any sort all i get is buzzing, no sound just buzzes tunner doesnt even work. i might already have an idea about what the problem is, coulda been that ground like cord in the bridge under i think its called the "saddle" my dad ripped the hell out of when we were fixing it (because i got it in terrible condition..was freetho) but anyway if this is the problem is there a way to fix it without tearing the whole thing apart again? oh and yes i have tried different batteries.

Edit: turns out it stops humming when i put my fingers on the jack.
Last edited by b56748 at Aug 2, 2013,
if your dad ripped the hell out of it, it's a good guess he broke something. even if it weren't properly grounded, you should hear something besides buzz. have you made sure the problem isn't the plug or the chord?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
If you hear just buzz, it means there's an open input.

The most likely causes are a broken wire at the jack, or at the transducer, (Yeah, the strip thingy under the saddle thingy).

That's a pretty delicate affair, and chances are that daddy broke your toy.

(Just in case you needed a second opinion).
i guess i could see if there is something esle ripped in there, the transducer as you call it isnt as ripped up as i make it sound we can fix that whenever i decided i need new strings it doesnt matter anyways i dont need it to be able to work through an amp to play it therefore its not that big a deal, i was just wondering if there was an easier fix for it.
Quote by b56748
i was just wondering if there was an easier fix for it.
Easier than what, checking the jack and the transducer to see it there's a broken wire?

Because, a magic wand would be the next step easier. But then, they're so hard to find outside of Harry Potter movies.