Hey guys. I don't really know what to do in this situation.
I recently bought an Agile AL-2000 last week and made an NGD thread about it. I guess I was in the honeymoon phase because I'm starting to have regrets. It looks beautiful and to my ears, it sounds ok. Now I was browsing craigslist today in hopes of finding an amp, and there's a guy selling a Squier CV Tele for under $250.
Before I bought my Agile, I was in the middle of deciding between the tele and the agile and was leaning more towards the tele because I think teles look so cool and it seems like it would fit my genre of playing (worship, rock, and funk/funk rock). But I bought the Agile because it was on sale. However, part of me regrets getting the agile. I feel like if I pay an extra $40 or so, I'd be happier with the telecaster. But if I'm wrong, I wouldve lost a great deal on the Agile and be stuck with the tele.

I only have 3 days left to return the Agile for a full refund (there's a small scruff on the back of the neck) so I came to you guys for advice.

I was wondering if there is a lot of hum or noise when playing with high gain on the tele. I don't really have much money at the moment so swapping the bridge pickup to a hot rails or something isn't an option right now.

Also, how is the Tele's neck compared to the agile's? I know its probably comparing apples to oranges but a rough estimate would be nice.

Thanks in advance. Any help is very much appreciated.
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Quote by itzkpanda

I was wondering if there is a lot of hum or noise when playing with high gain on the tele. I don't really have much money at the moment so swapping the bridge pickup to a hot rails or something isn't an option right now.

Also, how is the Tele's neck compared to the agile's? I know its probably comparing apples to oranges but a rough estimate would be nice.

Keep the Agile.

I can't speak to a comparison between the neck profiles (I've not played that particular tele and there is nothing like a definitive "tele neck").

Yes there will be hum and noise on the tele (these are not humbuckers) whether using high gain or not, and quite a bit more on high gain.

And yes, you're comparing apples and oranges across the board.

On the one hand you have a bolt neck guitar with a 25.5" scale, single coil pickups, a 7.5"/9" radius (probably) and fairly skinny frets and a wide/flat cutting-board body.

On the other, you have a set-neck guitar with a 24.75" scale, humbuckers, a 14" radius, Jumbo frets and a carved top body.

BOTH of these guitars will fit all of the genres you've mentioned, trust me.

There will always be another Squier CV tele coming down the pike for cheap money. There are just that many of them out there. Agiles are sold by one man.
Yeah, Keep the Agile. Pretty nice guitar, I borrowed it from my buddy for a gig, it was awesome.
If you want to get rid of your Agile and get a CV tele, keep in mind that Agile is a popular enough company among guitar players that you could probably do a straight trade and not lose any money.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that an Agile 2000 and a CV Telecaster are going to be at about the same level of build quality. I doubt either one is really going to knock your socks off. If you want a quality telecaster, save $300 and keep an eye on the used market for a G&L Asat Tribute.
Quote by itzkpanda

Thanks in advance. Any help is very much appreciated.

Yes, there will be hum and noise at higher gains, however, this is easily corrected with a noise suppressor. and if you honestly can't afford one, shoot me a pm and I'll give you a tip for a couple cheap solutions.

Tele's neck is a c shape, 9.5" radius, medium frets, 25.5" scale. Truth be told, I don't have an agile, so I can't compare here, but I do have an epi les paul, and if that is anything close to an agile, I prefer the telecaster neck.

If it were me, I'd get the Tele. Tele's are very versatile instruments. When I record, I pretty much use my les paul as a track to give some oomph to my wall of sound. At home, I jam on it quite a bit, but the Tele and my Strats are my workhorses.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.