Hi, I have a mesa boogie express and a Peavy classic 30. Both are 1x12. I was thinking about buying a cabinet that I could use for both interchangeably. I'm on unfamiliar ground however so I am wondering if anyone has experience in this area. Thanks.
what type of music?

the express seems to be 8 ohms, but the manual says it can handle most impedances. the classic seems to need a 16 ohm impedance for the extension cab (as it looks like the internal 16 ohm speaker isn't muted).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a somewhat broad range. I move from clean acoustic style stuff on a les paul, strat or tele to a dirty high gain arpeggio bit on a Jackson with EMGs. Tend to do the latter on the boogie burn or a rectifier. The classic clean stuff the peavey is fine.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
^ LOL

yeah that's quite a wide range of stuff there.

one option might be a stereo 2x12, so that you can put two different speakers into the cabinet, and also run them together. though it does require quite judicious selection of speakers.

i'd be tempted to try a v30 combined with a higher wattage g12h30-type speaker- celestion does one (g12h-75 creamback), as does eminence, wgs, tayden, weber, scumback etc. I've only tried the tayden, but that'd probably be worth a try. the g12h30 is more vintage-sounding for more classic overdriven tones, and also has fewer mids than the v30 (which helps for cleaner tones). the v30 will handle the heavier stuff. And they sound pretty good together, too.

my original warning about the overall impedance still applies. you'd need to figure that out. Plus running the speakers separately will make it even more complicated.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?