I'm looking to sell my amp and I want to know how much I can get for it.

It's a Marshall JCM900 100 watt head with a 1960 4X12 cab. I bought it in '09 used for $1500. The guy said he just wasn't using it so I bought it.

I'm not using it either haha. I use the head to record and it does have a great sound, it doesn't distort the clean sound at loud volumes like most amps do.

I was hoping to get about $1300 out of it, but I haven't changed the tubes since I got it, and I've used it once since the end of 2011, so I feel like it just sitting there (covered) has some sort of effect on the price. Much like I wouldn't buy a car if it has been sitting over a year or two.

There's also a little strip of leather coming of the cab, which I feel is an easy fix, I was just trying to get it into my car that was too small for the amp and scrape the cab.

What do you guys think?
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Well depending on your area Marshall 1960 cabs sell for $300-$400 and if it is the JCM900 dual reverb You might get $600 if your lucky probably more like $500.

You way over paid for your rig when you bought it unfortunately
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i just saw a JCM900 head at guitar center for $549. The cabs are worth $300 or maybe a little more like rob said.

best i see is $800 out of both honestly.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Yeah if you sell them as a setup $800 like Greg said. If you split it up, depending on location, you could maybe get $900-$1000 (a grand would really be a stretch) but you need the right area and the right buyer.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
dayum
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by TDKshorty
dayum

Pretty much my man.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Have you checked ebay for completed listings of similar items? That's always the best way to get an idea what people will pay for anything.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Cab here would be if mint wouldnt go over $350, head i am thinking maybe $400. The dual reverb is worse. Gear is going pretty slow in general if you are in a rush to sell you will have it go cheaper. If you aren't in a rush, maybe you could get lucky.

Making rhings worse is the competition. 6505 heads can go as low as$550, same as XXXs and JSX. I bought a mesa mkiv fir $775. Mint, new tubes with old set included.

Good luck
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/