I'm starting college in a few weeks and I want to bring my squier along with me. I'm not exactly sure if my school will let me bring my amp with me to the dorms so I was looking at either buying the Marshall mini amp or the vox amplug.

For the most part I just want to be able to plug in my headphones and play without bothering my roommate or anyone on the floor but I figured the Marshall would have better quality, and for what it is, more options. Do you guys have any suggestions as to which I should get? What about other portable amps?
Quote by akg907
I'm starting college in a few weeks and I want to bring my squier along with me. I'm not exactly sure if my school will let me bring my amp with me to the dorms so I was looking at either buying the Marshall mini amp or the vox amplug.

For the most part I just want to be able to plug in my headphones and play without bothering my roommate or anyone on the floor but I figured the Marshall would have better quality, and for what it is, more options. Do you guys have any suggestions as to which I should get? What about other portable amps?

What is your budget? If it is just to play with headphone, there are some other devices as well.
The Marshall is definitely lower quality. It's a novelty. The Amplug actually sounds decent.

The real answer here though is a POD of whatever quality you can afford.
I don't want to spend too much on it. Something under $90 maybe?
Of those, the amplug.

But hit up ebay for a use multi effect pedal - most of those can feed a pair of headphones, and would give you loads more options than what you're currently considering.

Zoom G2 perhaps? Never tried one, but cheap and will do the job.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
+1 on any used POD you can find. They are quite nice for bedroom playing w/o bothering anyone.
Guitars:
-Carvin CS6
-Carvin DC4 w/ Bigsby
-Takamine EG530SC
-Seagull S12QI

Amps:
-Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
-Carvin V3MC
If you're just using headphones, a Zoom G3 would work well for you. It has a lot of amp models, fx, looper, drum guide and sounds good through headphones.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20