Got a bunch of stuff during the first half of the year but never got around doing NGD's for them...

EGC Custom Baritone Jazzmaster
Mostly aluminum (with carbonfibre back). 27.5" scale. Bareknuckle Warpig in the bridge, EGC P90 in the neck. Very high output, according to the maker aluminum puts out almost twice as much signal as wood. That combined with the Warpig is just insane. Used to have the gain on my Engl at 1 o'clock and now I only need to set it at 10 o'clock. The frequency response sounds wider than wood as well, got tons of low end with it yet still have very good hi-end clarity.

Orange PPC412
Picked it up on local auction site for really cheap. The previous owner swapped the V30's for Greenback's (2x UK ones and 2x Chinese ones).
Used a Marshall 1960A before I got this. The Marshall can't seem to handle the amount of low end I use, the back panel rattles like crazy sometimes. The Orange seems to handle the low end a lot better with heavier material, sounds a lot fuller too. However it's quite a back breaker, used it for 2 gigs and don't feel like having it leaving the house again. I have a 1x15" so I figured that I'll find a 1x12" with high wattage to pair it up with the 1x15" for gigs. Then I came across someone selling this:

Mesa Thiele 1x12"
This thing is pretty goddamn loud. Covers the frequency spectrum I need when paired up with the 1x15" as well. Pretty heavy for a 1x12" but perfectly manageable.

Peavey Classic 60 power amp
A friend scored a pair of those at a sweet rate and was kind enough to spare me one. Used to run my Engl preamp through the FX loop return of a JCM800 2205 but ended up selling the 800 since I hardly use it by itself. The 6L6's in the Peavey definitely sound like a step in the right direction compared to the EL34's in the Marshall. However 60 watts was still not quite enough for what my band do. I need lots of headroom for low end and our drummer hits almost a bit unnecessarily hard, so it was a bit tricky trying to keep up with him while retaining the low end (ie without going into power amp saturation).

Mesa Boogie 2:90 power amp
Finally getting enough headroom for the amount of low end I use is just beautiful... Well maybe not, we have things falling off the shelves/desks at every rehearsal after I got it.

Verellen Meatsmoke preamp (rackmoutable version)
Was interested in the head but obviously can't afford it. They started making the pedal preamp last year and I asked them if they could do a rackmoutable one for me. Has 2 footswitchable channels and an XLR output which were not on the pedal preamp. Got a very cool almost fuzz-like mid-gain tone, tried it with my guitar into the Orange quad and pretty happy about it, made the entire room shake. Tried it with my 1x15" (which is on a small bench) and the low end almost shook the cab off the bench. Hit a chord on my guitar and the cab just moved 5cm forward by itself. Can't imagine what it would be like with my bass, probably need to place the 1x15" on the floor before trying that...
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
Last edited by godgrinder at Aug 3, 2013,

Best NGD in a while. Would love to play some doom through that rig.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Honestly, what is the point of all of that output? It's not the 80s anymore, almost any amp suited to the music you play will have plenty of gain on tap.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Honestly, what is the point of all of that output? It's not the 80s anymore, almost any amp suited to the music you play will have plenty of gain on tap.

Maximum volume yields maximum results.
That is a great NGD!

I agree with matt, haven't seen a NGD this awesome in a while.

Your room is like a UG wet dream
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by patriotplayer90

Because he wants to man. Don't tell him how to do his thing

HNGD man. That is a ****ing awesome rig you have there. I definitely saw your EGC on their facebook page a while back, I'm glad you like it, I want one real bad.

Best NGD in a while
Quote by patriotplayer90

Why not? I gig a 100 watt 1/2 stack and I sound pretty damn good

He just has lots of clean headroom, it is hardly louder than my 100 head (if it is even louder )
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lol! Good answer.

Also, it does sound a bit different playing a high output guitar with lower gain on the amp than playing a low/medium output guitar with gain cranked on the amp. There seem to be other artifacts starting to happen when the gain on amp is cranked.
Quote by godgrinder
Also, it does sound a bit different playing a high output guitar with lower gain on the amp than playing a low/medium output guitar with gain cranked on the amp. There seem to be other artifacts starting to happen when the gain on amp is cranked.

I agree, I rarely go above halfway on the gain knob and use a boost if necessary.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
meatsmoke?

311 is gonna want that.

awesome stuff congrats!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Oh my gosh the verellen....
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Decided to record some demos with the Meatsmoke preamp.

Please excuse my shitty playing.

Signal chain:
Meatsmoke preamp -> Mesa 2:90 -> Orange PPC412 (Greenback speakers) -> Sennheiser MD421

ESP M-I (w/ Lace Deathbucker pickup):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzjzh5x635ptpv2/MeatsmokeESP.mp3

Ibanez Apex 2 (w/ Bareknuckle Warpig pickup):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qo4pa8hjol3p9zr/MeatsmokeIbanez.mp3

EGC Baritone Jazzmaster (w/ Bareknuckle Warpig pickup):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ex41n5qjwhluo6/MeatsmokeEGC.mp3
How much was the shipping on the EGC to Kiwiland?
I want one and I'm just over the ditch from you
Quote by T7E
How much was the shipping on the EGC to Kiwiland?
I want one and I'm just over the ditch from you

Around $240 via DHL, but expect to pay a bit of tax at the customs...
everything about this NAD made me jizz.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by godgrinder
Around $240 via DHL, but expect to pay a bit of tax at the customs...

Oh sweet man. That's not too bad at all.
Yeah I think it is like 10% on shit over $1000 here or abouts that.
Worth it for an EGC however. Still cheaper than a New Les Paul and there's no other option like them around here.

HNGD Again
I'm guessing you play sludge?

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by T7E
Worth it for an EGC however. Still cheaper than a New Les Paul and there's no other option like them around here.

Yeah, I had a LP studio, was thinking about upgrading to a LP traditional or classic then I saw many sludge/doom players been moving onto aluminium necks. Also there are problems with downtuning to G with a 24.75" scale as well so I decided to go baritone.

Quote by Offworld92
I'm guessing you play sludge?

That wouldn't be very hard to guess hahaha.
Last edited by godgrinder at Aug 8, 2013,