This is the first guitar I've bought with my own, hard-earned money. Saw a great deal off of craigslist and managed to score it for $220! It's an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Limited Edition built in 1997 at the Unsung factory in Korea, or at least that's what the headstock and the serial number tell me.

However, there are some problems with it that I need help with. I've noticed most of the pots were scratchy, and the neck volume pot seems to produce no signal when I turn it to 9. Will spraying contact cleaner help this out? I've got some lying around. Also, sometimes when I move around, the signal kinda cuts out as well. I'm thinking it's the jack, so will spraying contact cleaner around the jack help with that as well. Besides those two problems, it's a mighty fine guitar. Now for pics!

Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Cleaning the pots out with contact cleaner and twisting the pot back and forth several dozen times usually revives old pots. Pots develop problems with crackling from a lack of use.

And I just have to say, that guitar is in freaking stunning condition for it's age.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Congrats and happy NGD! I have an Epi LP standard as well and really like it, especially after I addded a treble boost box between the preamp and amp stage. The pots should clean up with cleaner and some use. Great looking guitar!
Beautiful guitar dude. May you both have lovely time together.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Is that a charcoal/dark grey flame top?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
So I got some time to play and tweak it a bit. Sprayed some contact cleaner and cleaned up the wiring and now it plays reeeaalllyy sweet. It's got that nice Les Paul neck pickup tone and the guitar just fits my playing style and body perfectly. I've been wanting some sort of deviation from my Strat and this guitar is great. That top is like the perfect icing on the cake.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
The Black/Cream combo on the pickups really lights that top up. Very classy.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
That's a really good looking guitar, you wouldn't know it was an Epi Standard. But every time I look I swear that serial number and bottom right tuner are wonky :P Regardless, HNGD!
Last edited by ProgFolk12 at Aug 5, 2013,
Really nice guitar!

Surprisingly enough, my Les Paul Standard was the first guitar I bought with my own money back in 2008. And contact cleaner would be the best bet for your neck's volume pot.
Skip the username, call me Billy