Hello all, first post here, don't go here too often, but I've browsed around for the past 5+ years on this site if i had a question.

Anyways, I was wondering what's the difference between "signature series amps/pedals vs. the BOSS/Ibanez/Dunlop versions you can get in the store? For example I see that Dunlop has a signature series Jimi Hendrix Octavio/Fuzz/Overdrive pedals now, (Picture of the pedals in case you didn't know)

Those are not cheap at all on Ebay/Amazon, would I get just as cool of a sound from a BOSS Overdrive Pedal/London Fuzz Pedal, etc? Or am i best off with just sticking to the official version?

Thanks
"it depends" is really the right answer.

In some cases, it might be a different circuit.

in some cases it might be a tweaked circuit.

in some cases it's very little different.

if you do a bit of googling on the net you can often find information about what exactly the differences are.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?