Hi, today i noticed a big crack on my fairly new accoustic guitars body (im unsure where it came from). I just wonder if its any fix (not 100% but to make it less visual). This crack annoys me very much, and it was an really expensive guitar. I can tolerate small damage, but i just cant live wit a crack like this.
See link for pic.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/08ykikso84an8oo/diarekamp%5BOrginal_st%C3%B8rrelse%5D.jpg
Last edited by Usernames sucks at Aug 3, 2013,
bring it to a good luthier to see if it can be fixed before it gets any larger.
looks like it's already seen some use for a newer guitar.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Quote by stepchildusmc
bring it to a good luthier to see if it can be fixed before it gets any larger.
looks like it's already seen some use for a newer guitar.
So you're leaving it to me to scold him about the whole humidity issue?
Quote by Captaincranky
So you're leaving it to me to scold him about the whole humidity issue?

So you're leaving it to me to scold him about his complete lack of picture taking prowess?
yes, it can probably be fixed by a qualified professional luthier or guitar tech, but get references or look online. the aim would be to stabilize the crack, so it won't spread further, and it may need to be clamped, glued and maybe cleated. it may also need the kerfing repaired inside. this is NOT a job to do at home, and it's not a job for an inexperienced tech.

the crack will probably show a little after it's fixed - it would be prohibitively expensive to completely refinish the guitar, and would also probably change the tone to do so.

chances are someone whacked the guitar or more likely is that you're keeping your guitar in an environment that's too dry. if it's too dry, chances are the guitar will develop more cracks over time or that the crack will eventually crack further, fixed or not.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
ok ok, i can't believe you would let it get that dry ! don't you understand humidity? it's a new guitar for crissake !
also, if your gonna complain about the little crack, take it at an angle that doesn't show the gaping dent in it! take a photography class or 2.
and last but not least.... your username Sucks !
(really, just take it to a good shop and get it glued)
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Quote by stepchildusmc
ok ok, i can't believe you would let it get that dry ! don't you understand humidity? it's a new guitar for crissake !
also, if your gonna complain about the little crack, take it at an angle that doesn't show the gaping dent in it! take a photography class or 2.
and last but not least.... your username Sucks !
(really, just take it to a good shop and get it glued)

Good work Step, bravo! It's nice to see you finally being able to get in touch with your inner Cranky....