So, this starts to be really annoying. When I play Punk, or something where you palm mute power chords a lot, I hit the High E or H or G by accident somehow, I don't know what's causing the extra noises.. And nowadays I'm not even sure how I should hold my fingers while holding a pick. Like my middle finger starts to bleed sometimes because it hits the high E string.. And it's not cool :p.. I don't think that I explained this well enough but yeah..
This thread definitely needs more information, preferably in the form of pics or a video.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by The Dimery
The H string?

In some countries H is used in the place of B.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well, if this shows something:

In songs, such as "Oh Love" from Green Day, I may hit the high E by accident somehow..
Last edited by Billie_J at Aug 5, 2013,
is it just me or is his pick sideways?.... other than that thats basically how i hold mine

also try using your fretting hand to mute the other strings thats what i do and if i can't do that try using your palm to mute them
Last edited by brett.endsley at Aug 8, 2013,
Play more guitar dude. Mind your posture etc.

"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."