Page 1 of 3
I don't, so I was hanging out with one of my mates today who I haven't seen in months. So she was tellling me how she has had a boyfriend and how in love she is now and blah blah blah. But the thing is, I don;t believe someone our age is mature enough to know that, feeling, I think it's just naivety. BTW I got dumped one for saying this stuff to a chick I was going out with, So pit do you agree, or do you think in future I should just lie to chicks and stop acting like the anti-poon ?
Seems like your average teenage girl.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
I'm 17, I've been with my girlfriend for six months and I'm pretty certain I love her.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
^^You.

Love is incredibly vague and subjective. Yes, you can love someone as a teenager.
Unless you decide to define love as something different than I think it is (gee, why would you do that?).
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Last edited by AtaBorMan at Aug 3, 2013,
I think you only 'love' someone if you want to marry them and/or spend the rest of your life with them. And if you get a divorce, you never loved them at all. Just fancied them.
Quote by firestarter12
does any1 know where I can get a fender les paul? i always only see 1 or the other but i want one thats both.

well, i think the reason alot of teenage relationships don't last is because really, most teenagers don't really know what love is. They may think they love that person, but will they still be committed to that person in 6 months? 8? 2+ years? i think most teenagers dont understand or are ready for the give/take process that is love.

im 16 btw so this is just my view on my peers
But I won't let you sit by
So call in the kids
Alone, you can't make amends
Now I won't let you sit by
But so call in the kids
Now that's enough with this f*cking incense
----------------------------------------------

Interpol - Mammoth
Last edited by Lptubeking at Aug 3, 2013,
The perception of love can change a lot as you age. At that/your age, not enough is established in the rest of your life to have a great idea of the longevity of said "love"...

However, there are some people that I know that have been dating since they were in middle school...Some have gotten married somewhat recently. Doesn't really mean it could last forever, though.

So, hey, ya never know. I think it would be unfair to say, "Yeah, at that age, you don't know or understand love at all." I think it's more based on the proper train of thought that the individuals have despite their age. Also, there's a ton of adults who still have a childish sense of "Love"...
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I don't, so I was hanging out with one of my mates today who I haven't seen in months. So she was tellling me how she has had a boyfriend and how in love she is now and blah blah blah. But the thing is, I don;t believe someone our age is mature enough to know that, feeling, I think it's just naivety. BTW I got dumped one for saying this stuff to a chick I was going out with, So pit do you agree, or do you think in future I should just lie to chicks and stop acting like the anti-poon ?

no shit?

yes, but there is too much life ahead of that teenager to think that their "love" will last forever. that is unless they want to put all their hopes and dreams on hold to be with the other person, which alot of teens do, then they grow resentful, and start to blame the choices they made on their significant other and the relationship fails.

they may no what love is, but that doesnt mean that the person they "love" is the one they will spend the rest of their life with.

people do alot of growing and learning about life and themselves into their mid 20's with starting a career, finishing school, maybe even getting settled into a new area with a job, new friends and a house. experiencing the REAL world has a lot of an effect on who we become. more so than what we think the real world is in our high school days when you are still living at home, mom still cooks for you and does your laundry and all you have to worry about is homework, a part time job to teach you responsibility and maybe some small bills to work towards paying. the real world is alot different than that. trust me.
This thread reminds me of my mate who just got engaged (same age as me) who constantly gets in rows with his gf now turned fiance
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
teenagers can feel a lot of pain.

there are many kinds of love. i'm pretty sure teenagers can feel a couple of them. the one i'm most familiar with is the tumor kind of love. you meet someone you don't really give a shit about, then it just slowly creeps up on you as you spend time with them, like some sort of cancer.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Normally I'd say no but I think I've been in love and I think I'm falling in love right now, I don't know if it's something more than a biological reaction but I definitely have felt 'love'. Whether such a thing exists I don't know but I think I've felt it.
Quote by lemmyisgod97

What is love?

Seriously, what is it? Feel infatuated about someone? Wanting to do anything for them? Not being to live without them? Shit, we're just animals with chemicals in our brains which are mixed so that we create a bond strong enough to make babies and stick around until they've grown up. So what is love?

Baby don't hurt me.
Quote by Philip_pepper
What is love?

Seriously, what is it? Feel infatuated about someone? Wanting to do anything for them? Not being to live without them? Shit, we're just animals with chemicals in our brains which are mixed so that we create a bond strong enough to make babies and stick around until they've grown up. So what is love? Baby don't hurt me.

terriblesetup/10
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
If a teenager can't know what love is because of maturity OP, then can an immature grown adult also not know?
They'll end up like Romeo and Juliet.
Originally Posted by Cheeselord
Sanitarium iz by SLAYER DUMBASS!!!!!

SLAYER FAN4LIFE!
I think it depends on the individual rather than the age.
I know people who've had several relationships and in their 40s who are not mature enough for a relationship.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Thing is, people think love is purely feelings. But it's also going through the shitty times together. If you can survive times when you both just want nothing to do with each other and come out stronger together, you've experienced a tiny bit of love.
I honestly believe 'love' is a made-up emotion. It's romantic and probably gives some sort of purpose, but most of it is just sexual tension.

You don't actually fall in love with someone, your instincts just tell you to have sex with them to reproduce. This happens in the teens and i suppose it keeps happening until you can no longer get erect.

I think the reason people tend to stick together is because they get used to being with someone. I don't believe it's love as much as it's the thought of change that scares people.

That's my 2 cents anyway, i'm not qualified to answer the question, but these are my observations..
Quote by GuitardudeDK
I honestly believe 'love' is a made-up emotion. It's romantic and probably gives some sort of purpose, but most of it is just sexual tension.

You don't actually fall in love with someone, your instincts just tell you to have sex with them to reproduce. This happens in the teens and i suppose it keeps happening until you can no longer get erect.

I think the reason people tend to stick together is because they get used to being with someone. I don't believe it's love as much as it's the thought of change that scares people.

That's my 2 cents anyway, i'm not qualified to answer the question, but these are my observations..

This is probably true. Most of me doesn't think "love" is anything more than you getting mass amounts of dopamine when you are with someone you enjoy. But it's probably just all for the whole reproduction thing.
Quote by GuitardudeDK

Your theory would make sense, except I'm pretty sure my grandpa can't really "get it on" like he used to. He still loves my grandma.

It also doesn't explain why many couples choose monogamous relationships. I mean, if sex was the entire drive behind it, then why do the majority of people not just fuck anything and everything?
No
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by Wormholes
This is probably true. Most of me doesn't think "love" is anything more than you getting mass amounts of dopamine when you are with someone you enjoy. But it's probably just all for the whole reproduction thing.

of course it is. everything you feel is nothing more than neurons firing across synapses. that includes the memories that cause PTSD, emotions that cause murder, the intoxication of heroin, core consciousness and sense of existence, etc etc. if you'd like to value things that way, then you'll have a very hard time finding value in anything.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I don't think its just teenagers that are bad at falling into the illusion of love either. Grown adults can be just as bad at it. Experience helps I guess but some people never learn. I think teens just get a harder time about it because they're simply teens and it is likely their first experience of it.
Quote by laid-to-waste
of course it is. everything you feel is nothing more than neurons firing across synapses. that includes the memories that cause PTSD, emotions that cause murder, the intoxication of heroin, core consciousness and sense of existence, etc etc. if you'd like to value things that way, then you'll have a very hard time finding value in anything.

Perfectly, perfectly well stated.
Yah. My wife was 18 when we got married. 15 when I met her.
My God, it's full of stars!
I think it's usually setting the foundation for love rather than love itself
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Dreadnought
Yah. My wife was 18 when we got married. 15 when I met her.

Wait, was it consensual ?
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Wait, was it consensual ?

Arranged, consensual, forced, ehhhh all the same thing
My God, it's full of stars!
No. They don't. Where's the poll?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
It depends on the person.

Next question, please.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Depending on who you have on Facebook, all you really need to do is browse through your homepage for a few minutes to see how fast relationship statuses change.
Page 1 of 3