Page 1 of 2
Electronic dance music has been popular for a long time now, so it'll get replaced with something else pretty soon. What do you think will take it's place? I hope hard rock or punk becomes mainstream again.
Last edited by Wildspark at Aug 3, 2013,
Alan Stivell will lead the revolution.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Fart rock. Just people farting into a mic over 4/4 drum beats
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Rapping to EDM beats
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Folk and Country music.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Rebirth or adaptations of funk

Daft punk
Muse
Bruno mars

The're all on board
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Maybe it will be more organic sounding and less processed than the last decade and some. But it won't be the second coming of butt rock or grunge or thrash or whatever, I pretty much can tell you that.
Quote by whywefight
Maybe it will be more organic sounding and less processed than the last decade and some. But it won't be the second coming of butt rock or grunge or thrash or whatever, I pretty much can tell you that.

Why not? Everyone is dressing in grunge style again and indie stuff is pretty popular, so why can't something like grunge become popular again?
Quote by Wildspark
Why not? Everyone is dressing in grunge style again and indie stuff is pretty popular, so why can't something like grunge become popular again?

Because the popularity of grunge is entirely based on nostalgia. Nostalgia doesn't create top 10 hits.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Furry-core

And it all started because of all time lows latest video
- Frank Castle
Quote by cha33 armstrong

Taylor Swift was the OG furrycore, this is undeniable
Quote by cha33 armstrong

The funny thing is, I don't even know what a furry is, i've been meaning to google it but I haven't been arsed, as far as I know it's someone with a fetish for stuffed animals or toys or something.
Quote by whywefight
Taylor Swift was the OG furrycore, this is undeniable

I had completly forgot about that
- Frank Castle
I've done some calculated projections on this. Based on years of data collection and linear regression models, I postulate that the next big genre will be cha33.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by snipelfritz
Fart rock. Just people farting into a mic over 4/4 drum beats

You mean Muse?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
You mean Muse?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I've done some calculated projections on this. Based on years of data collection and linear regression models, I postulate that the next big genre will be cha33.

Sales in fuzz pedals will be going up then
- Frank Castle
Quote by Wildspark
No, he meant Maroon 5

Yes, and. Not no, but.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I don't know. The new qotsa reaching #1 was unexpected. Guess more things in this genre would have to be at least somewhat "widely appealing" without "blowing chunks".
country is already becoming huge, and i think it'll stick around for a long time. i hear more people listening to country than rap and "pop" music alike these days. makes me want to puke.
Quote by -tempest-
country is already becoming huge, and i think it'll stick around for a long time. i hear more people listening to country than rap and "pop" music alike these days. makes me want to puke.

And when you mean country music you actually mean pop rock with a fiddle?
The cross genre blending things are usually only around for the midlife of a genre, they won't be the next big thing. I think it will probably be somehow more digital than it already is, whatever it is.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Max-Roach
And when you mean country music you actually mean pop rock with a fiddle?

yeah, "country". haha
Page 1 of 2