So I'm buying a fender modern player tele as an upgrade from my current strat knock off. Anyways it has a bridge humbucker where you can split the coils. Pretty cool but I dont think the stock pickups will be that great. Is it possible to wire up a normal humbucker in such a way where you can split the coils, or do you need a special humbucker. I want to buy one from seymour duncan. Thanks
You don't need any special humbucker. Every humbucker out there today (except for a very small percentage of them) have 4 conductor wires coming out of them making coil splitting an option in wiring it in.
Skip the username, call me Billy
^ yeah. just make sure it's a 4 conductor version of the pickup and it should work fine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?