Helloeveryonw! I have a long overdue NGD of a guitar that I've owned for 2 months; a circa 1987 Kramer Pacer (how it started out).

To give some details beforehand, this started off as as a project guitar that I got as a graduation gift. I waited for the electronics parts to come in until the beginning of July (graduated on June 11th). The solder and iron I had were completely shit since the solder wouldn't stick and I ended up burning a pot (thread about wiring problems in GB&C). So, I was fed up and took it to a local music store 2 weeks back to get wired and set up. Since the guy was so busy reorganizing is store, I finally got it today in working condition and it's great.

The guitar has a maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, and I believe an alder body so it's a very light guitar to hold. The neck is slimmer and a tad wider than the neck of my Epi LP. It felt a bit odd at first with this neck, but in 15 minutes or so, I became very comfortable with it and enjoy it very much.

After careful consideration and research, I purchased a set of DiMarios. To be specific, the Air Zone (Bridge) and Air Norton (neck). The wiring is a standard and simple 1 volume, 1 tone, and 3-way toggle. As I'll mention later, i really like this set. With my future guitars (projects or whatever), I'll be sure that they have DiMarzios in them. Hell, I'm going to swap the stock pickups of my Kramer Focus 3000 (had since last year) with a set of DiMarzios.

As you guys noticed, it's a strat styled bridge for a vibrato arm. It's against the body, has 3 springs, and will most likely be blocked if I can't find an arm to fit it. Who knows, if I find an arm to fit in it, I'll be able to use it.

Excuse me for looking like an idiot, but I'd thought that I would show off the (locking) strap and what it looks like on me.

After playing it through my Vintage Modern, it sounds fantastic. The Air Zone has a crisp, open, and balanced sound in the bridge where as the Air Norton is a creamy, warm, and smooth sounding pickup in the neck. I can get a great, overdriven tone with them as well as a nice clean sound with the volume pot on 7-8 and my Boss CS-3 (I have that set so it quiets the signal slightly). With my Green Rhino on, both pickups really scream with that extra volume and gain for solos. They are a really great pair that offers a great array of tones that any players can use (maybe excluding very heavy and "gainy" metal).

All in all, it's a really nice guitar. With the cost of all the parts (neck and body together, neck plate, electronics, etc), it cost me about $415 with an extra $65 for the wiring and set up. So, for roughly $480 dollars, I got a great playing guitar that will be in my collection for years to come. Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to read this!
Skip the username, call me Billy
Are you huge or is it just tiny

Congrats, more pics!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
Are you huge or is it just tiny

Congrats, more pics!

I'm only 5'11" (180cm) so it's small.

I'll get some more pics tomorrow after work since I'm tired.
HNGD!

80's super Strats are cool.
Got an '87 Ibanez Roadstar myself:

Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
HNGD! Now, it's time to play some Ratt!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
THanks, everyone!

And to JesusCrisp, 80s super strats are the shit! And nice Ibby!
what that guitar needs is some hot pink spray paint.

HNGD Billy!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks guys!

Quote by gregs1020
what that guitar needs is some hot pink spray paint.

HNGD Billy!

I was considering painting it since the original pics of it (from the guy I got it off of on Ebay) looked like the paint job was a bit worn out.

Oh well, the next guitar I'm buying is going to be purple or maybe a hot pink.
What you have there is a mid 2000's Pacer FT-202S. An '87 Pacer would have a Floyd Rose, Duncan pickups, Schaller hardware, and a "pointy droopy" headstock like this:

I love the guitar though man! Awesome project!
When I bought the body and neck (from this guy on Ebay), they included the tuners and bridge without any electronics or neck plate and little to no information on it. So I had tons of homework to actually do about these and it was hard to actually date this. I also didn't know that the mid-2000 ones had the banana/hockey stick headstocks. I thought they were shaped more like a Fender.

Thanks for it, though! There's just so little information on the different eras of Kramer guitars that make it hard to actually identify and date them. The neck plate I bought is from an the early 80s, though.
Quote by 4FunandProphet
Is the plate stamped chrome or black and cast metal? And what's the serial?

It's chrome and the serial is "A A3707". It also has "Neptune, NJ, USA" on it which implies that's from the 80's before Gibson took over after they went bankrupt. I looked up the year but I forget when it was made.
The description and serial would point to a late 80's/ early 90's Korean built Striker or Aerostar model. Is your other Kramer an F3000 or a Focus 3000? F3000 should have a headstock like my Pacer, and the Focus will be more rounded.
Quote by 4FunandProphet
The description and serial would point to a late 80's/ early 90's Korean built Striker or Aerostar model. Is your other Kramer an F3000 or a Focus 3000? F3000 should have a headstock like my Pacer, and the Focus will be more rounded.

Well, the neck plate was bought from a completely different guy than the guy with the neck and body. So, the neck plate is from a completely different guitar.

My other Kramer is a Focus 3000 with the "beak" headstock they had during the early 80s.
Quote by 4FunandProphet
What you have there is a mid 2000's Pacer FT-202S. An '87 Pacer would have a Floyd Rose, Duncan pickups, Schaller hardware, and a "pointy droopy" headstock like this:

good eye
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
good eye

Yep, after he mentioned it, I looked it up. I guess I overlooked that and they (the mid 2000 Pacers) look a bit similar to the 80's headstocks. I guess I didn't do enough research. h well, it plays amazingly.
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?