I just got my Warwick Corvette in the mail yesterday and everything was perfect. No issues with anything. Well I plug it in today and I get this.
https://soundcloud.com/rawshik/what

Should I be furious at the seller or what?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
It's probably from the pre.

Most of the used Warwicks I've tried have that noise issue.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
are you just demonstrating the hum or can you not play anything audibly when it's plugged in?

it's probably something simple soldering could fix, or a new input jack
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Agreed with above. A lot of shoddy soldering jobs on output jacks can cause that. I've fixed a few here and there to unanimously quieter results.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
That's just background noise. I can play, but I can't turn that off at all (which is really bad for a church setting). I'm guessing it's just a cheap fix? I shouldn't have to contact the seller? Like, it'll only be like $20?
Depends on where you go to get it fixed. Some corporate places might still make you pay their standard $45 repair cost. Find a local spot, I'd say. They may just do it for a 20 spot.

If you live near Madison, WI, I'll do it free
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
What were you doing to make it cut out?

I agree that it's probably a simple soldering job. Plug it in and poke the solder joints, see if any of them are loose or make a change in the noise/hum.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by JustRooster
Depends on where you go to get it fixed. Some corporate places might still make you pay their standard $45 repair cost. Find a local spot, I'd say. They may just do it for a 20 spot.

If you live near Madison, WI, I'll do it free

Okay cools, I know a good local place. Is 1000 miles close enough?

Quote by Nutter_101
What were you doing to make it cut out?

I agree that it's probably a simple soldering job. Plug it in and poke the solder joints, see if any of them are loose or make a change in the noise/hum.

In that recording, I was adjusting the pickup tones and balance. Obviously it was more intense with more highs present.

I already took a look back there and did that and nothing seems to react. I'm no electronics expert though so hopefully the local shop knows what's up.