I've been in the market for a new bass amp for a while now, probably about 6 months. I was looking on Kijiji (basically a Canadian version of Craigslist) and I stumbled upon this beast. A Peavey MAX450 head, coupled with a Laney RB115 and RB410. I was previously looking for a decent combo (around 200-350 watts) and looking to spend around $600. Total cost for the Head, and the 2 Cabs was $260 CAD. Everything works perfectly, and it's definitely loud enough for small, maybe even medium sized venues. It sounds much better than my practice amp as well and I can't think of a better deal anywhere else. Hopefully I'll start gigging with my band this September with it. Anyway, here's a picture of it with my Ibanez SR505.

As for features, it has an effects loop, with a footswitch on/off, a tuner out, XLR output for PA's, speaker protection, 3 band EQ. The only thing I would have liked is built in overdrive, but who am I to complain, I got it for $250.
Last edited by CarlFromCanada at Aug 3, 2013,
Badass, make them walls shake!
Guitars:
-Carvin CS6
-Carvin DC4 w/ Bigsby
-Takamine EG530SC
-Seagull S12QI

Amps:
-Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
-Carvin V3MC
Nice man HNAD. rattle those windows and shake the walls.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

Hell yes 1x15 and 4x10!

Happy NAD
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
looking like you're moving up in the world. that is quite a bit of amp you got for the price.

punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I was expecting the cab to be made out of boxes and the head to be a chassis pulled from a 15 watt combo...

i am disappoint
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
I was expecting the cab to be made out of boxes and the head to be a chassis pulled from a 15 watt combo...

i am disappoint

Maybe when I get more small boombox speakers. I'll make a bass cab to match the guitar cab lol
Quote by CarlFromCanada
Maybe when I get more small boombox speakers. I'll make a bass cab to match the guitar cab lol

You better.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack

i am disappoint

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?