I have a Fender Mustang 1 and a Behringer OD100 distortion/overdrive pedal. I have a lot of issues with bad feedback and i'm 90% positive it's the pedal, but i got it for like 10 bucks at a pawn shop so im not surprised and I'd like to get a decent pedal and amp. The amp doesn't cut it anymore either because the settings don't stay the same each time I turn it on. I know it sounds weird but it happens, it has 24 presets installed and you can add reverb and delay ect and you have the ability to save settings, but if you save them and move a dial to change something it throws everything off. I play mostly alternative to hard rock to metal stuff, ex Breaking Benjamin, Bullet for My Valentine, All American Rejects. etc. so the pedal should be able to support tones similar to those. As far as an amp I'd like something in the 150 to 200 dollar range that doesn't have the presets. I was looking at the Line 6 Spider 4 30watt, so something close to that. As far as pedals the only one ive really looked into is the tc electronic Rottweiler. If anyone can give me some input that would be great.
Stay away from the Spider series, they are utter garbage. I highly suggest you look into Peavey Vypyrs as they will get you closer to what you want at that price range.

I also suggest you dont bother with pedals for modeling amps, regardless of what pedal you get they simply do not function well with modeling amps at all. You simply get tons of feedback and terrible fizz from the distortion.

If you can find a Vyper Tube 60 used it would nail pretty much everything you want. Otherwise the 30w will performs the duties just fine.
Guitars:
-Carvin CS6
-Carvin DC4 w/ Bigsby
-Takamine EG530SC
-Seagull S12QI

Amps:
-Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
-Carvin V3MC
Forget the pedal. Just get a used vypyr 30. If you can stretch it get the vypyr tube. The Marshall and 6505 models will do you good
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
That was hilarious
well the reason I want a pedal integrated into my setup is because a lot of the songs I do have hard grungy sections as well as clean sections and so I would like to be able to shut off the distortion when I need to.
That's taken care of with a foot switch.
Peavey Vypyr 30+Sanpera.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Yup, the switch takes care of that for you. Trust us, get the Vypyr 30 and the sanpera and youll be set for some time.
Guitars:
-Carvin CS6
-Carvin DC4 w/ Bigsby
-Takamine EG530SC
-Seagull S12QI

Amps:
-Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
-Carvin V3MC
Okay so let's say I bought the Vypyr 30, could I still use my pedal but leave it on clean and use it as a on off switch rather than as distortion? Ive also been interested in making covers for youtube, could this amp be connected to a computer via usb cables or something?
Last edited by jayhawk22 at Aug 4, 2013,
wow...disregard the last comment about the pedal, I just realized how that wouldn't work...is there a cheaper alternative than getting a sanpera type switch?
Quote by jayhawk22
wow...disregard the last comment about the pedal, I just realized how that wouldn't work...is there a cheaper alternative than getting a sanpera type switch?

There are two Vypyr 75s that come with the Sanpera on Guitar Center used right now. One set is $179, the other is $189. Alternatively, there are plenty of Vypyr 30s for $89-$99, and you can save up and get the Sanpera later.

Basically with amps, you have features, quality, and affordability. You can usually have two, but not all three. So save up some more, or get a Vypyr 30 and wait for the footswitch.

Also, it has a line out which I would assume you could use to record to a computer.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I agree if you can stretch to the Vypyr Tube 60 that would be ideal (with your budget).

Another amp to keep in mind is the older Peavey Ultra 1x12 they pop up for <$300 normally and are really great amps. These have channel switching and 3 channels: 1 is a good clean channel, the other 2 channels share an EQ and voicing but have separate volume and gain controls.

Go here and you can find some great deals on used amps www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm looking at the vypyr vip 2 because it is available in my town and I'd like to try it out before I buy it and I could possibly trade in my old amp.