I got a new ESP with a Floyd Rose Special bridge, but what I noticed is that the Low E buzzes A LOT and the A buzzes anyway, while the other strings are perfectly fine. I tried raising the action but still nothing. I asked a tech and he said he needed from 70-150% to fix it and I don't intend on spending that much when the guitar itself was 300$...
you might want to get a small washer to raise the bridge saddle for the low E, and only raise the side of the bridge of the low E, that could help.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Quote by acdc51502112
you might want to get a small washer to raise the bridge saddle for the low E, and only raise the side of the bridge of the low E, that could help.

??? Each string can be raised independently so I don't know why you would want to do this.

If you have to raise the string height more than the other strings, I would say you have a raised fret. If you just bought it, return it, or let a tech fix it. You don't want to start messing around with fret work without knowing what you're doing.
Last edited by D_M_I at Aug 5, 2013,
Quote by D_M_I
??? Each string can be raised independently so I don't know why you would want to do this.

If you have to raise the string height more than the other strings, I would say you have a raised fret. If you just bought it, return it, or let a tech fix it. You don't want to start messing around with fret work without knowing what you're doing.

I dont think you understand the terms I'm using. all you're doing is putting a small washer under the saddle of the bridge, thus raising the string's height slightly to offset the height compared to all the other strings. Also the OP mentioned he doesn't want to spend the waste of money taking it to a tech over this simple issue.

Also, if the saddles are different sizes, ie some are higher etc, make sure they are in order to follow the arch of the fretboard.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Before you start raising or cranking on anything I would want to know a lot more about the buzzes. Does it buzz when fretted or open strings? Does the buzz go away as you move up the fingerboard? Certain frets have more or less buzz? Where is you action (distance from the top of the fret to the string, measured at the first fret and at the 12th) set now? Does your neck have proper relief?