This song is something I've been working on for a couple of months now and it's not even halfway done. But I decided to do a video demo, just because I've never done one before! All of the guitars you see are what you're hearing in this one, so there are a few mistakes here and there. I've also not done any mixing aside from panning the guitars.

Opinions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tChubDGu1gM
My guitars:
Centaura CT21
2 Dean Baby Zs
Cort X1
Washburn WG587 7-String
Two Fender knockoffs
3 acoustic no-names

My basses:
Yamaha RBX170
Rogue LX205B Series II 5-String
No-name 4 string
Last edited by Miseryfields at Aug 4, 2013,
Dude, that's a lot of guitar parts @_@ The composition is great, some of the effects are a little cheap but that can be expected from a home recording, I think it's a quality song and you've done a good job putting a lot of hard work into it, eve if it's not really my taste. Please C4C my new track. Def not as proggy as yours.

https://soundcloud.com/vincent_wisehoon/ultra-celestial-order-of
I love the off-beat timings. The bell really adds some cool effect to it.

as far as mixing goes, the bell is little too forward in the beginning in my opinion, and the clean signal of the guitars could use a little reverb and compression. They were a little quiet as well.

Beautifully written!
Quote by cjb2293
as far as mixing goes, the bell is little too forward in the beginning in my opinion, and the clean signal of the guitars could use a little reverb and compression. They were a little quiet as well.

Beautifully written!

This is actually entirely unmixed. lol The only thing I did was pan the guitars left and right.
My guitars:
Centaura CT21
2 Dean Baby Zs
Cort X1
Washburn WG587 7-String
Two Fender knockoffs
3 acoustic no-names

My basses:
Yamaha RBX170
Rogue LX205B Series II 5-String
No-name 4 string
overall, this was pretty damn cool, but a lot of the riffs blended, many were very simple, and it was very repetitive. id give it about a 7/10. i will say though that the bass was definitely the best part. a lot of cool bass lines