Anyone use Phase in their setup?

Looking at getting one to complete my floorboard.

The 3 I've been looking at:

MXR Phase 90
MXR EVH Phase 90
Mooer Ninety Orange

Does anyone have experience with these? Or can you recommend something else?

I think I'm leaning towards the Mooer, cause it's almost half the price of the EVH, and appears to have the same "script/modern" switch. It's also WAYYY smaller. The only downside is the lack of EVH Striped finish, but I could learn to live without.

Thanks dudes!
"Man, you can shred as much as you f**kin' want, but if you can't make my ass move, then f**k off!" - Dave Grohl.
I'd personally go for the normal MXR phase 90

And if you can and dont mind 2nd hand find a vintage one
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Last edited by cha33 armstrong at Aug 4, 2013,
i've run the gauntlet of phasers. the best were the homebrew psilocybe and the old mij boss ph-1r. currently using the phase on my mobius. i recommend getting a phaser with a resonance control, as at slower speeds the phase can get a little too subtle - the resonance helps it poke out.
I have a '74 script phase. And it's better than the other phasers I've owned/played (which includes EVH script phase, block phase, biyang phase and small stone).

But really, it depends on application. The '74 is a bit more subtle than a block phase, and so for extreme gain I'd probably go for a EVH or block (or clones). But the '74 owns the block for say have a cigar tones. The small stone is good for cleans, but I prefer the mxrs with gain.
RIP Gooze

cats
I've had a block Phase 90 for ages and it's always been solid, reliable and delivered what I need.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I like and use the phaser in my GT-10. Not sure what it's a model of, unfortunately.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
There's different phasers modelled in the GT-10 starting with Boss' own PH-3 and the MXR Phase 90.
Quote by Slap-happy
There's different phasers modelled in the GT-10 starting with Boss' own PH-3 and the MXR Phase 90.

I looked at my patches, I believe it's "4 Stage"? The "Type" options are 4 Stage, 8 Stage, 12 Stage & Bi Phase.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I looked at my patches, I believe it's "4 Stage"? The "Type" options are 4 Stage, 8 Stage, 12 Stage & Bi Phase.

Scouring the net without much luck, I'm afraid.
Nothing personal, I'm just not a big fan of multi fx units and am therefore unfamiliar with many of the settings or what they purport to model.
Quote by Slap-happy
Scouring the net without much luck, I'm afraid.
Nothing personal, I'm just not a big fan of multi fx units and am therefore unfamiliar with many of the settings or what they purport to model.

No, for sure. I wish that info was easily available, but for whatever reason (I guess copyright?), it's usually nowhere to be found.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
id go with the normal phase 90. cheap. reliable and MOD FRIENDLY!!!!
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right