So, I just saw these this morning, and I have one of thier 8 strings and its great but my question is would anyone get one of these for the sake of saying they had a 10 string guitar or what?

10 string guitars

I think I would just because, lol I mean look at it.

views everyone?
Guitars:
Agile Interceptor Pro 828
Martin and Fender acoustics

Amp:
Bias amps
How do you even play that king kong sized neck?. Anyway I find it a bit ridiculous to keep adding strings for the sake of adding strings. On the other hand people are doing some cool stuff with 8 strings. To answer your question I think if you brag about owning a 10 string guitar people will just think you are nuts. Getting a guitar with 9 / 10 strings on which the bottom strings are doubled a la Matt Pike from High on Fire is however beyond awesome.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Engl Savage 120
Quote by dnamra13
How do you even play that king kong sized neck?. Anyway I find it a bit ridiculous to keep adding strings for the sake of adding strings. On the other hand people are doing some cool stuff with 8 strings. To answer your question I think if you brag about owning a 10 string guitar people will just think you are nuts. Getting a guitar with 9 / 10 strings on which the bottom strings are doubled a la Matt Pike from High on Fire is however beyond awesome.

I've never listen to them but it sounds cool as shit.
Guitars:

Amp:
Bias amps
I think a LOT of people these days just get extra strings as some sort of ego thing, something to brag about. I get guys in uni open with the question "so how many strings do you play?" and after I answer with "six" they lose interest. It's just an extra string or two at the end of the day.

I do have a 7-string but I just don't feel the need to say "I'm a 7-string player". I wouldn't mind a go on an 8, but I think I'd only ever use it for Meshuggah :L
I'd end up getting lost as to which string I'm on. I struggle enough with 6...

With that said, I've always wanted a 7.
Last edited by DaFjory at Aug 4, 2013,
YES!

SHUGGAHCISE

Quote by DaFjory
I'd end up getting lost as to which string I'm on. I struggle enough with 6...

With that said, I've always wanted a 7.

I really enjoy my 8 string alot, the clean tones on it are nothing short of beautiful
Guitars:

Amp:
Bias amps
Last edited by PantallicaFreak at Aug 4, 2013,
At that point you might as well look into getting a Stick rather then a guitar.
But that 10 is quite affordable and I'd imagine it'd be fun for tapping.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Those 10 strings are multi functional. you can use it as a cutting board, as well as landing an aircraft on it.
Quote by PowerEngine
Those 10 strings are multi functional. you can use it as a cutting board, as well as landing an aircraft on it.

LMAO!
Guitars:

Amp:
Bias amps
Quote by Xpl0r
If your going to get a 10-String guitar, just go with a BC Rich Bich Perfect 10http://bcrich.com/models/guitars-and-bass/Bich/Bich-Perfect-10/55 its strung identical to a 12-string but the E & A strings are on their own

Its funny you mention that, I was just looking at it this morning, it's really sweet. I'm sure I can find some use for it in the studio.
Guitars:

Amp:
Bias amps
Most of the newbs I know can think of one application (and one band) for a 10 string guitar. But it can be strung a ton of different ways, and you can end up with an instrument that's as versatile as any keyboard.

What's really interesting here is that you can finally pick up a guitar like this for a grand or less and try out some new ideas, whereas you'd have had to commission a custom guitar several years ago. At first the custom builders were grumbling about it, but I think that most of them now understand that finally having an entry level for these guitars means that they're much more likely to see interest in their guitars in the future. I think Rondo Music and Kurt Zentmaier have begun to develop a niche here that will extend the *average* guitar player's capabilities well beyond where they are now (and well beyond a single metal band as a target). It kicks my butt to know that they have a 10-string, but it does so even more that they have one in a fan-fret multi-scale (27" on the treble side, 30" on the bass side) and that you can get one with a flippin' TREM!

But we'll always have the guys who think it's cute to say, "Gee, I have enough trouble with SIX strings" and "How do you get your hand around that thing, anyway?"
Last edited by dspellman at Aug 5, 2013,
I'm surprised they're not made to order. That's a really really niche market.

There are certainly people out there who can do amazing things with 10 strings, just like they are out there now with 8s. But I'm sure it's just a good handful of people, no more.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I'm surprised they're not made to order. That's a really really niche market.

There are certainly people out there who can do amazing things with 10 strings, just like they are out there now with 8s. But I'm sure it's just a good handful of people, no more.

Honestly, I would have thought the same thing. But every time I turn around, Rondo is OUT of the darned things and waiting for another shipment! I'm thinking that they're just so relatively inexpensive that there are people out there who feel they can afford to buy them just to play with, or use to brag to their friends, etc. The more that get out there, the more likely there's going to be others that want them, and if the price is right, why the heck not?
Rondomusic is getting more and more crazy with their extra strings.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by dspellman
Most of the newbs I know can think of one application (and one band) for a 10 string guitar. But it can be strung a ton of different ways, and you can end up with an instrument that's as versatile as any keyboard.

What's really interesting here is that you can finally pick up a guitar like this for a grand or less and try out some new ideas, whereas you'd have had to commission a custom guitar several years ago. At first the custom builders were grumbling about it, but I think that most of them now understand that finally having an entry level for these guitars means that they're much more likely to see interest in their guitars in the future. I think Rondo Music and Kurt Zentmaier have begun to develop a niche here that will extend the *average* guitar player's capabilities well beyond where they are now (and well beyond a single metal band as a target). It kicks my butt to know that they have a 10-string, but it does so even more that they have one in a fan-fret multi-scale (27" on the treble side, 30" on the bass side) and that you can get one with a flippin' TREM!

But we'll always have the guys who think it's cute to say, "Gee, I have enough trouble with SIX strings" and "How do you get your hand around that thing, anyway?"

Ya I get that alot when people see my 8 string, and I always tell them that I'm so used to playing an 8 string it's hard to go back to a 6 it feels so small haha.

I'm not a great guitarist and I can't shred or anything but I am more of a rhythm player than anything plus background leads with effects, I like the ambience. and that being said I like the extra strings for more playablity options and heavier tone. I just enjoy experimenting more than anything
Guitars:

Amp:
Bias amps
I just had an awesome idea: 14 string guitar, like a 7 string but with every other string tuned a fifth from the one before so instant power chords.

And I'd get a Perfect 10 Bich, but Nato wood?
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662
I just had an awesome idea: 14 string guitar, like a 7 string but with every other string tuned a fifth from the one before so instant power chords.

And I'd get a Perfect 10 Bich, but Nato wood?

Yoy know Head from Korn actually has a double neck 7 string/14 string, and its tunes like a 12 string would be.

badass
Guitars:

Amp:
Bias amps
I'd use it. If it had a long enough scale, the last two strings would be a low C# and G#. That would be ideal for a ten-string for me. If it was shorter than 30", then a low C# or a B and a high G would be good.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221