I'm looking for power supply for my pedal board, I need standard 9v and some supply for 12v and maybe 18v pedals, help with advice please!

By the way, looking for tube preamp also, somebody can name some good ones?
Last edited by xakcuc at Aug 4, 2013,
i would not get the brick, look into something from voodoo labs or T-Rex
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
^+1
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I heard about T-Rex Holiath, is it gonna power such preamps like Amt SS-20 or other?
Quote by xakcuc
I heard about T-Rex Holiath, is it gonna power such preamps like Amt SS-20 or other?

Do a little research on them and see what mA that each output gives, the amount of each type of out put, ect for what your needs are
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Joyo!

marcmart.com has good prices.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have the Voodoo Labs ISO5 and it should do everything you're asking. It has 3 9v plugs, one 9v and one 12v at 300mA, and one 18v plug. It's pretty much the cheapest isolated power supply you can get, even up here in Canada it was only around $100.

As far as tube preamps go, I'm not sure if this counts, but I've always loved the old Tubeworks stuff (Real Tube, Blue Tube, Tube Driver). They're more like tube distortions, but they're great as "2nd channels" for a clean amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by xakcuc
I'm looking for power supply for my pedal board, I need standard 9v and some supply for 12v and maybe 18v pedals, help with advice please!

By the way, looking for tube preamp also, somebody can name some good ones?

sounds like you are going to need something pretty dynamic. i use the voodoo labs pedal power 2+.

- 8 total power outputs
- 4 9V/12V outputs
- 2 high current 9V outputs
- 2 sag 9V outputs

you can get 18V/24V adapters for it as well. nice unit, comes with quite a number of power cord adapters too, you can order and other ones you need as well.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
One up for Voodoo Lab.
I have a PP4x4 and if the PP2+ isn't quite enough, it's a really good option.
I love my pedal power 2+ from voodoo labs, but it mostly does just 9V. I'd suggest the new MXR Brick, since it does what you're looking for. I also think the outlets on both sides is cool since you can have it in between the pedals of your main path and those in your FX loop.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Spambot_2
Joyo!

marcmart.com has good prices.

The Joyo is a piece of crap. I had two and one was DOA. Still don't know if the other one works.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by I K0nijn I
The new MXR Brick is shit. It's still not isolated. Hum everywhere.

Sorry mate, didn't know. Hardwire V-10 brick is though. So I now suggest that over the MXR. And for all intents and purporses, over the PP2+ too because the hardwire's got 12V outlets.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Aug 5, 2013,
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
Sorry mate, didn't know. Hardwire V-10 brick is though. So I now suggest that over the MXR. And for all intents and purporses, over the PP2+ too because the hardwire's got 12V outlets.

Every normal outlet on the PP2+ can be switched to 12V. The last two can be switched to either 9V, or variable 0-9V.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs