Poll: Is Malcolm in the Middle underrated?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is Malcolm in the Middle underrated?
Yes it is
55 50%
No it isn't
34 31%
Hurr durr Breaking Bad herp derp
22 20%
Voters: 111.
Page 1 of 3
No one seems to talk about that show anymore, but looking back now, I think it's one of the most criminally underrated comedy TV shows. Plus, it's got Bryan Cranston.

I thought the show was good when I was a kid, but when I became older and caught wind of all the jokes it made me realize how funny the show really was and I don't think there's ever been anything quite like it. Plus, it's got Bryan Cranston.

People are always on about How I met Your Mother, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Arrested Development, even that shithouse Big Bang Theory etc. But if those shows are popular and talked about as much as they are, I think Malcolm in the Middle is worthy of being up there with classics such as Fawlty Towers. Plus, it's got Bryan Cranston.

I recommend anyone to watch that show again if they haven't in a while. It's worth it. Bryan Cranston is in it.
Malcolm in the Middle was way too mean-spirited for my tastes. I'm a fan of dark humor and stuff, but I really hate shows that are just plain mean from beginning to end.

Overrated show, if you ask me.
To be fair it was the HIMYM and BBT and IAS of it's time. If anything it'll actually become overrated because of crantson.
because it ended like 6 years ago

It's really good though. Don't see how it's mean spirited
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 4, 2013,
I love it. One of my favs for real. Super, super funny.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Wormholes
To be fair it was the HIMYM and BBT and IAS of it's time. If anything it'll actually become overrated because of crantson.

wat

Now that I understand what that means, I don't remember Malcolm in the Middle being anything like those shows.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Aug 4, 2013,
Quote by CoreysMonster
Malcolm in the Middle was way too mean-spirited for my tastes. I'm a fan of dark humor and stuff, but I really hate shows that are just plain mean from beginning to end.

Overrated show, if you ask me.

Lol, well this is why you don't like Seinfeld, not because it's bad. Stop blaming it.

Idk about underrated, Malcolm In The Middle is pretty big. It's very good though.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
It was fantastic. So many adult jokes I didn't get watching it as a kid. Plus, it's got Bryan Cranston. Interestingly, he also guest starred on The King Of Queens around the same time.
It is pretty unique

There is really nothing else on like it.

EDIT: V Pretty much that

I remember being so excited for the pilot when it premiered
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 4, 2013,
It's one of those shows that grew up with me. When I was a kid I was like "Lol Reece punched Dewey" but now when I watch it I'm like "What a well-written line, also lol Reece punched Dewey."
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Lol, well this is why you don't like Seinfeld, not because it's bad. Stop blaming it.

Idk about underrated, Malcolm In The Middle is pretty big. It's very good though.

Seinfeld the show is starting to grow on me. Seinfeld the comedian is still blergh.
I love Malcolm in the Middle. I remember this idiot in middle school who almost passed out while trying to do a Stevie impersonation.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by CoreysMonster
Seinfeld the show is starting to grow on me. Seinfeld the comedian is still blergh.

Why do you insist on comparing the two?
___

Quote by The_Blode
It was a good show. There was something kind of bizarre about it.

It is a shame how it isn't that talked about nowadays. Probably because of the 'child star' association...
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I love Malcolm in the Middle. I remember this idiot in middle school who almost passed out while trying to do a Stevie impersonation.

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Did you not grow up with Seinfeld? That show is like a way of life for me.

Quote by Crazyedd123
It was a good show. There was something kind of bizarre about it.

It is a shame how it isn't that talked about nowadays. Probably because of the 'child star' association...

Muniz gets a lot of flack, but I think he did well.

Would mind having 1-2% of the money he made.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Aug 4, 2013,
Quote by WCPhils
Why do you insist on comparing the two?

They're both named Seinfeld, I guess?

Or I just like to have something to complain about
Quote by Philip_pepper
Did you not grow up with Seinfeld? That show is like a way of life for me.

Nope :I
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 4, 2013,
I think the problem with Seinfeld is that if you didn't watch it while it was new, you'll think it's really bland and cliche since it's been copied so many times.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I think the problem with Seinfeld is that if you didn't watch it while it was new, you'll think it's really bland and cliche since it's been copied so many times.

Well it ended when most of this forum was under 10 so I doubt that
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by Philip_pepper
(...)even that shithouse Big Bang Theory.

Colour me surprised,never thought I'd hear that from you
Quote by WhiskeyFace
wot u on abou m8

See the thing I don't like about MiTM is that people are assholes, all the time, and the people who suffer very rarely (if ever) get their "moment" where they get back at the assholes - at least from what I've seen. Nobody in the family is endearing or likeable, and I find it very hard to watch a show where literally only the main character isn't a complete dick.

*2cents
Quote by CoreysMonster
See the thing I don't like about MiTM is that people are assholes, all the time, and the people who suffer very rarely (if ever) get their "moment" where they get back at the assholes - at least from what I've seen. Nobody in the family is endearing or likeable, and I find it very hard to watch a show where literally only the main character isn't a complete dick.

*2cents

But that's why I like it
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by CoreysMonster

*2cents

>Hal
>A Dick
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by CoreysMonster

*2cents

Just because you don't like them doesn't make them bad characters. It's more likely the opposite.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Just because you don't like them doesn't make them bad characters. It's more likely the opposite.

I never said they were bad characters. They're well-written in their personalities, I just don't like watching shows where I hate everybody.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Muniz gets a lot of flack, but I think he did well.

Would mind having 1-2% of the money he made.

Muniz is one of my heroes.

simply for that post
It was a great show that continues to have a solid appreciation. No, neither underrated nor overrated.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Våd Hamster
Colour me surprised,never thought I'd hear that from you

I can't stand that show. I can last maybe 2 minutes before I have to change it over.

*Geek clichee*
*Make fun of Geek Clichee*
*Canned laughter*
Audience: OMG!!! SOOO FUNNYYYY!!!

Quote by CoreysMonster
I never said they were bad characters. They're well-written in their personalities, I just don't like watching shows where I hate everybody.

You know Costanza from Seinfeld? I think MINM is pretty much full of Costanzas. Everyone is a bit George.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Muniz is one of my heroes.

(Invalid img)

simply for that post

Absolutely. I don't think he's being too much of a dick, I think it's pretty justified. People rip on people who have made so much money either though TV or music, but at the end of the day, shit, they've got the biggest bank account.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Aug 4, 2013,
I always loved that show. Still do. But, to say that it's underrated....I'm not so sure about that.
Quote by Philip_pepper
You know Costanza from Seinfeld? I think MINM is pretty much full of Costanzas. Everyone is a bit George.

What. Costanza is a polite little butler rabbit compared to the characters in MiTM.
Quote by CoreysMonster
What. Costanza is a polite little butler rabbit compared to the characters in MiTM.

He's not that nice. Almost everything he does is selfish.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Yeah, I was never huge on Jerry Seinfeld. However, the show was so incredibly well written. Very, very clever stuff.

Edit: One really respectable thing that happened with that show was that when they ended it, they ended with their heads held high and in a prideful way (the last episode was simply genius). Lots of shows nowadays just keep going until they're cancelled. Kind of like Two and a Half Men. They should've just ended it and moved on (After Charlie Sheen left). Just my opinion though.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Aug 4, 2013,
Page 1 of 3