Hi, i'm considering getting a cheap 7 string from ebay, i've played 6 string for over 3 years.

Said guitar;
[forbidden link]

Seller claims it's worth £600, dunno how they got that figure if they don't know what make/model it is. I messaged them(awaiting reply), but i think this is the best place to ask what it is.

At least it looks good, right?
Forbidden link... Any pics?
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
A piece of shit that a real guitarist wouldn't need? In my experience people buy the guitar with the extra string to be cool. Very rarely do they play the 1st six well enough to warrant the seventh.
^ Say wha?
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Quote by freebeer1976
A piece of shit that a real guitarist wouldn't need? In my experience people buy the guitar with the extra string to be cool. Very rarely do they play the 1st six well enough to warrant the seventh.

Not blessed in brain department are we?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I guess using an 8-string means you really suck, right?

And this whole time I was thinking Tosin Abasi is really talented...
Yeah, why the hell do people need 88 keys on a piano anyway? Some people suck so much they can't even get 61 of them right!
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I'm so sick of people being anti ERGs. I seriously thought we had grown up and moved on from all that.
[404]Signature not found
Quote by jmaguire
I'm so sick of people being anti ERGs. I seriously thought we had grown up and moved on from all that.

Most of us have...

Shame about the few.
Quote by freebeer1976

Well there we go, another UG moron that judges people on literally shit-all. Ever seen/heard me play? Nope, so quit being a bitter douche-bag.
It looks like it's supposed to be a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR, but... it doesn't look right. The inlays are right, the headstock shape is right, the control layouts are right, but the neck looks like it sits too far into the body.

It could very well just be a design inconsistency (common), but it's odd that a guitar like that wouldn't be listed in name, as they are very popular.

Here's a real one for reference:

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Aug 5, 2013,
Oh wow, i see what you mean, it looks exactly the same. In the pictures the pickups do look quite EMGish too, but because none of it has logos etc, it makes me think it's a fake/rip off. But at the same time, it looks too similar, the neck seems the same, the curve meets at the same fret in both. Normally if something's a rip off they make it a bit different for copyrighty stuff.
It could be an issue of perspective in those pictures.

Just looks weird. Can you ask for more pictures? I don't see the EMG logo on the pickups, which is worrying, I can't see any logo on the headstock (could be lighting issue), which is very worrying, all the hardware is black instead of black nickel, and the binding is black instead of abalone (could be old model/limited finish or something).

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah, i can for more, but i think it's not a case of not being able to see logos, i think they're simply not there. The desc. said there weren't logos anywhere on the guitar or pickups. i think i'll wait to hear back from the seller, i asked where they got it or if there was anything they could identify it with. Thanks a lot for your help though, i'll update here if i hear anything.
Yeah, screw that.

If you're on a budget make a new "What Guitar" thread and we'll be able to help you find something.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28571615&postcount=1

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Hmm. Think i might pass, yeah. If it were the model we think it'd be a bargain, but this seems too shady. Thanks for the help everyone.

In regards to the what guitar, i'll keep it in mind, thanks man, you're awesome.
Yeah, fake, even if it were real, it's super over-priced. C-7 Hellraisers go for $450-500 all day long on craigslist, and that's USD.
Gotta agree with the others here saying be wary of that.
Good luck hunting something that fits your bill.
when in doubt agile out!!!
rondomusic might have a seven that fits your price range. happy hunting!
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Geez, I don't know what gave it away as a knockoff first - the wrong body shape or the awfully done Floyd routing!

Anyway, 600 pounds could probably snag you a decent Ibanez seven.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.