Hey guys, I've been GASing for a Jazzmaster for some time now but i really don't want the price on the Classic Player or the American made. (I'm kinda poor)
I was wondering if there are any good alternatives for under 300$.
I was thinking a Squier Vintage modified kinda like this. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-vintage-modified-jazzmaster-electric-guitar

I've also checked out a used Blacktop Jazzmaster, but I'm iffy because of the humbucker in the bridge. I'd probably go with that if I could get the right deal on it.

Are there any other Jazzmaster alternatives I could look for?

Thanks
Fender Telecaster
Squier Jazzmaster
Fender Deluxe Stratocaster
Hagstrom F-301
Epiphone Dot

Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop CFH
Crate V33H>Bugera2x12

Bunderthird (Alt Rock)
www.facebook.com/bunderthird
J. Mascics signature, hands down the best budget Jazzmaster.

IMO.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Rob Chappers says he loves the Squier VM Jazz (2012 version).

The thing is you might want to change the bridge of the guitar because the strings kind of fall out if you strum/pick hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4hkel-Jx9I
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Yeah, the Squiers are the way to go. VM if you're prepared to/want to do some modding and have the colour options, J. Mascis if you like the look and want it more playable as-is.

I play a Classic Player fender jazzmaster, my backup is a Squier VM which I fitted with a tune o matic bridge (like the mascis has) and shimmed the neck on. Strings gauge 10+ are also fairly important.
Dude, where's my band?
Last edited by TomMon at Aug 5, 2013,
I'm all for modding. I really like the Sonic Blue VM. I don't like the look of the J. Mascis, (although it plays great)
Fender Telecaster
Squier Jazzmaster
Fender Deluxe Stratocaster
Hagstrom F-301
Epiphone Dot

Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop CFH
Crate V33H>Bugera2x12

Bunderthird (Alt Rock)
www.facebook.com/bunderthird