Page 1 of 2
Hi everyone. I consider myself a metal head, I usually listen to folk metal, power metal kind of stuff. My friend turned out with an extra ticket to Roger Waters The Wall, which i went to see. (well i listened to the album quite a lot on high school, i didn't go blind in) but anyway. It was the most amazing thing i have ever saw in my life. I wanted to ask people here, do you think is it possible for me to see a show better than that? Because it was ridiculously good, and it topped any concert i have ever went to before(and i have been to quite a lot of concerts)

So i want you guys to name down shows you've seen that can top/match roger water's the wall...
Flapjack
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I went to Rammstein dude, They had very decent stage (although i don't like the band so much), but again this seemed so much better i must say.
Deadmau5's stage show is ridiculous. Assuming that we're going based on epicness of scale.
It really depends on what music you like. For all I know you get all teared up when seeing Hank Williams Jr. live.
well i don't know what you consider epic. But to describe the concert maybe a bit. They played the album whole, pretty much like the studio, but besides that they had clips of the album songs+ some extra very good 3d footage and effects, They had this giant black boar on the air (napoleon from animal farm), It was so intense.
Quote by The_Casinator
It really depends on what music you like. For all I know you get all teared up when seeing Hank Williams Jr. live.

yea but; that's what i have been saying, i'm not really that big pink floyd fan really. Still i loved this show more than the concerts of my favorite bands.
I think the saddest part is, some artists could put on the words most epic conecert, but lack funding.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
When I saw Floyd during The Division Bell tour back in '93 it pretty much ruined me for live concerts. It was so fricken amazing between the stage & light setup and the surround sound system that surrounded the entire stadium. The entire stadium was a part of the show and not just the stage. They put on such a rock solid performance that it truly exceeded anything on recording. Not even the Pulse recordings (video/audio) truly captured the amazing quality of it.
Quote by Mind_Reader7
I think the saddest part is, some artists could put on the words most epic conecert, but lack funding.

Yea that i totally agree, You need very good funding to put a great show. Im sure there are bands out there who can make miracles with well.. Roger water most likely spent a ridiculous amount of money on that kind of production.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
When I saw Floyd during The Division Bell tour back in '93 it pretty much ruined me for live concerts. It was so fricken amazing between the stage & light setup and the surround sound system that surrounded the entire stadium. The entire stadium was a part of the show and not just the stage. They put on such a rock solid performance that it truly exceeded anything on recording. Not even the Pulse recordings (video/audio) truly captured the amazing quality of it.

Yea im afraid it ruined it for me too now, It was definetly the most amazing thing i have ever seen. and most likely will ever see.
Lady Gaga had a show of similar scale to The Wall at times. I enjoyed The Wall more because I was seeing ****ing Roger Waters play The Wall.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Perhaps not necessarily a concert, but the Circe du Soleil shows I've seen (Micheal Jackson's One and the Beatles' Love) were absolutely astonishing. Definately worth seeing.
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. Off you go. Best thing I have ever witnessed, seen him six times.

Last summer I saw him on back to back nights in a 65 000 capacity stadium. He played for 3:40+ both nights, over 50 different songs in total.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Aug 5, 2013,
Yep, seen this show once, going to see it again; Roger cannot be trumped in what he created here, but you can still enjoy other things alongside it. Every show you can go to out there will have a different vibe, there's beauty in all of 'em.

Quote by Demon Wolf
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. Off you go. Best thing I have ever witnessed, seen him six times.

Must admit this was pretty amazing as well.

Same goes for Prince, Paul McCartney, The Who.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Last edited by Kylianvb at Aug 5, 2013,
Did they build and tear down the wall?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Demon Wolf

Last summer I saw him on back to back nights in a 65 000 capacity stadium. He played for 3:40+ both nights, over 50 different songs in total.

I went to that once. I'm not really a Springsteen fan but nevertheless he really knew how to work the audience.
Quote by LostLegion
I went to that once. I'm not really a Springsteen fan but nevertheless he really knew how to work the audience.

First time I saw him I wasn't a fan either, I have since become real die-hard supporter.

Absolutely blew me away.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
That show was here in Croatia a few days ago and now I'm sad I didn't go
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Quote by JackalUK
Gwar

go to gwar with ian. when a certain song comes on you'll get a show. it may not be a better, but it will certainly be memorable.
I saw an amazing Pink floyd tribute band in a theater (there's the arena and a theater for plays/operas/etc.) And that alone was mindbending. They even had the flying pig that you could basically almost stand up and touch it as it flew over the crowd. Not the most epic concert I've seen, but definitely up there.

Side note: I wish I had friends who were rich enough to just have a spare Roger Waters ticket just lying around.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
there's two for me. for different reasons.

Swedish House Mafia at Milton Keynes Bowl, their last show in the UK as a unit, at the end of a 9 hour full day of artists. plus the sun was out for 75% of it, top day out.

Children Of Bodom at Download 2011, i'd waited years (nearly a decade) to see them live (through lack of money, being out of the country or otherwise engaged when they played near me) so it was quite an emotional experience for me to see the band that got me playing guitar and helped me learn to play drums (i used some of their easier tracks to learn how to play with a double bass pedal proficiently)
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by captainsnazz
This.

Also Devin Townsend if he had a little more money.

I would love to see a big production of Ziltoid.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
In terms of sheer production value: no, there's no way you'll see a show that can top this one anytime soon. Not in pop music anyways (although I'm told that Tool shows can kinda resemble a religious experience if you dig the music)

One show I particularly enjoyed was Cirque Du Soleil. I started downloading all of the taped shows a couple of years ago, looked up the ones I dug on their website and signed up for the corresponding newsletters so I'd be notified whenever they'd come near my town. And so I finally went this year with a whole bunch of people, received a great early purchase discount and TBH it was pretty damn awesome (this one was called Corteo). But you HAVE to preview the shows a bit 'cos some can be pret-ty darn campy

But if you don't mind that sort of thing, well there's always Riverdance lol...

Edit: And if you like Muse -> they always put on a helluva show. Can't compare it with The Wall but then again Waters is a rock n roll grandpa and his voice was never the best. Muse always sound tighter than Michael Flatley's leather pants, although some people complain about them sounding so true to the original recordings that it's hardly worth the trouble to go n see 'em live

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Aug 5, 2013,
Quote by shwilly
In terms of sheer production value: no, there's no way you'll see a show that can top this one anytime soon. Not in pop music anyways (although I'm told that Tool shows can kinda resemble a religious experience if you dig the music)

One show I particularly enjoyed was Cirque Du Soleil. I started downloading all of the taped shows a couple of years ago, looked up the ones I dug on their website and signed up for the corresponding newsletters so I'd be notified whenever they'd come near my town. And so I finally went this year with a whole bunch of people, received a great early purchase discount and TBH it was pretty damn awesome (this one was called Corteo). But you HAVE to preview the shows a bit 'cos some can be pret-ty darn campy

But if you don't mind that sort of thing, well there's always Riverdance lol...

Edit: And if you like Muse -> they always put on a helluva show. Can't compare it with The Wall but then again Waters is a rock n roll grandpa and his voice was never the best. Muse always sound tighter than Michael Flatley's leather pants, although some people complain about them sounding so true to the original recordings that it's hardly worth the trouble to go n see 'em live

The production was amazing idd. I do like muse (not crazy about it). I don't think i would enjoy their show as much as the wall.
and.., Can you send me a link of a Cirque Du Soleil show which you think might interest me?
I saw Waters play Dark Side (as well as a ton of other Floyd stuff, and some solo) in 2007. That was pretty damn awesome. Just massive.

Otherwise, I'm not always a fan of bigger, stadium-style shows. Although, the one other show I'd say was comperable was The Flaming Lips. They are really great and aspire to that sort of massive scale. Yet Wayne Coyne is so affable it feels like he's coming out and hugging each and every person in the audience. And Stephen Drozd is amazing, and Michael Ivins sits in a chair.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by ehbacon
+1... went to see Springsteen a couple years ago in Philly, and he was great. somebody got video of one of the best moments, it was really awesome live:

Bruce beer chuggin'

When I saw him in May, he played a piano solo with his face (!).
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Depends what you're going for, IMO

As far as theatrics go, I don't think you can beat Roger (KISS wasn't bad though...aside from the music...).

I prefer more energy when I see a show though. As far as that goes, I saw Airbourne in '06 and it was pretty wild. Chili Peppers was incredible too, but the most energetic balls to the walls shit I went to was The Black Lips. They drank so much that the guitarist was puking during one of his solos and didn't make any mistakes (as far as I could tell). Also lots of liquor was poured into the mouths of fans. One lucky mofo even got to have a little chugging contest with the singer during an instrumental break. Oh, I forgot to mention Pearl Jam. Things can get pretty sick if you're close up (saw them twice. The time I was in the 100th-ish row was just ok, but pit was ballin). Oh, and shit. Forgot about Maiden. That's always a good time.

As far as vibes go though, you can't go wrong with Jimmy Cliff, Stevie Wonder, Phish, Charles Bradley, or The Wailers (yes, they are still touring with the original bassists. Two singers perform Bob's parts).
Steven Wilson's crew can create some really amazing and haunting atmosphere at the same time with really simple techniques. I'm not even a big fan of the guy, but it was probably the smallest budget concert I ever seen, still the most beautiful one. But don't expect anything grandiose as Pink Floyd or whatever.

Oh, and how could I forget the mighty Prodigy. One of the best live acts out there.
Last edited by MetalMullet at Aug 5, 2013,
Page 1 of 2