So basically after constant hard pushing my vocal cords blah blah singing too aggressively and rasp my voice ect I think I've lost my voice, well here's the thing, I can't seem to get the same grit sound that I used to be able too. When I sing my voice feels tired and can't get that grit, I can only seem to push a pretty ugly uncontrolable kind of grit. E.g when I sing a song like about a girl by nirvana I seem to have to sing it very aggressively , the lyric bit where it goes "I need a easy friend" the easy friend part I got push very hard and it ends up distorting my voice more then I like. I try holding it back but than I can't hit the note. So ye does it sound like I've knackered my voice and it needs rest?
Take a week or so to rest. I belted (gritty Nirvana type stuff) a lot at a show once (usually I only have to for 2 songs, but we ended up covering 3 songs we usually don't, so I was shot after 5 songs of it).

Anyway, so my voice sounded terrible after that. I sounded like Tom Waits when I was pushing higher notes, and was even getting grit on my lower ones, not to mention it hurt to push notes too loud (and sometimes I couldn't even hit notes that I usually do pretty easily). I took a rest for a week and it went away.
Haha same I do shit loads of nirvana stuff . We are both awesome people cheers for the advise , I just love singing like this though and have few hobbies so it's hard to not give it a go but you know guess I got to :L ;p
Quote by Izaak247
Haha same I do shit loads of nirvana stuff . We are both awesome people cheers for the advise , I just love singing like this though and have few hobbies so it's hard to not give it a go but you know guess I got to :L ;p

Yeah dude. Keep it up. The world of music needs more of it.