Im using Logic X and all software instruments work fine, but whenever I try to record guitar or bass, I get a really loud buzzing sound over the top.

I can hear the signal underneath, but there is an unusable buzz over the top. I've tried different guitars and leads so I'm guessing its one of the settings in Logic. I've only been using it for a day, so I have no idea how to use it.

Im using a new Macbook Pro Retina with a Line 6 KB37

I have the recording of it on my profile
Misha Mansoor:
Uplifting quote disguising failure as something to be proud of.
Last edited by Minimallamb at Aug 5, 2013,
Is the gain (preamp gain, not distortion) on the interface as high as it will go without your signal clipping?

Does your guitar cable run near an electricity cable? Are there any lights with dimmers in the room?

Are you drawing power from multiple points for different devices?

-

Turn dimmers off as they introduce horrible harmonics into the mains, which your unbalanced
guitar cables are likely to pick up

You could be making a ground loop with your equipment. Now I don't fully understand what goes on and what the cause is, but if you plug all your recording equipment into the same socket that might help.

MAJOR EDIT Sorry, I hadn't listened to your track. Have now! It's not any of those problems!

- In Logic are any of the meters for the guitar going into the red i.e. clipping?
- Do the sample rates and bit depths of all the equipment/software match up? 44.1kHz, 24bit is what you should see.
Last edited by tim_mop at Aug 5, 2013,
Theres definitely no clipping going on

Its set to 24bit and 44.1, im not sure how to find out if that matches up with my interface though. Also, changing the sample rate almost helps, but by the time the sound as cleaned up, its way to latent to record

I've also tried Podfarm and everything works fine, so now im sure it's just a setting in Logic
Misha Mansoor:
Last edited by Minimallamb at Aug 6, 2013,
Okay, if you go to Audio MIDI setup in Utilities and look at the interface, there it should tell you what its settings are. Then you can mirror them in Logic
Ive got it all matched up, but still no luck. Thanks anyway, I appreciate it (:
Misha Mansoor: