I've been playing for almost 3 years and at the beginning of this year, i was going through some stuff and wasnt able to pick up the guitar for about 6 months. Now, I'm back but I really suck. I cant even play one song. I started taking lessons about a month ago, but the guy didnt teach me shit, so i quit. i cant find a single teacher around here who actually knows what he's talking about, so i decided to teach myself. I remember within 6 months of playing guitar, I learned so fast that i was playing randy rhoads licks! now i dont know shit and im really stiff. I'm into metal/post hardcore stuff, so I'd like some good exercises for sweeps, tremeolo & economy picking, palm muted gallop, and just scales and stuff in general. Can someone please help me out here? Thanks
Check the stickys(?) in this forum for some excercises.
Last edited by micromountain37 at Aug 6, 2013,
Why not use some songs you like? Just slow them down until you can play them and work from there.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Yeah just learn some riffs and songs of bands that you like, and to make it more useful transcribe the riffs yourself, rather than using tab