Just wondering if anyone had any encounter with the Correct Sound Custom preamps? They make preamp pedals based on preamp sections of Sunn amps.

http://correctsoundcustom.com/index/0-12#!/~/product/category=2244169&id=22665455
This one caught my eyes since it's a 2 channel preamp with a tube channel based on 70's Model T and a solid state channel based on the Beta. However the demo video doesn't sound very convincing. They didn't even have the gain and bass on the Model T channel over 12 o'clock throughout the entire video so it's quite hard to figure out what it actually sound like for the types of music that people usually play with a Model T...

They claim that:
Producer and musician Stephen O Malley famouse for his work with groups Sunn O))). Ginnungagap, KTL, and Æthenor has orders us design and production of foot guitar preamp.

There's indeed a mention on his blog but not much info on what he thinks about it etc:
http://www.ideologic.org/news/view/correct_sound_tube_beta_hybrid_custom_guitar_preamplifier_unit

So I'm wondering if anyone have tried one or heard one in person.
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
Last edited by godgrinder at Aug 5, 2013,
I looked at them a while ago they seem pretty legit.
There are some good demos of just the Beta Lead one so you'll be able to get gauge of that side at least. Can you get the Model T side by itself as well? If so you could look at the individual demo for that. It's just those two together.

The power supply for those is real weird though, it's like 19v AC or something and in the end that is why I never got one as the one they can supply is russian (which isn't included you have to buy it seperately) and the only ones I could find here in Aus were laptop chargers...
Quote by T7E
Can you get the Model T side by itself as well? If so you could look at the individual demo for that. It's just those two together.

No, seems like it was only made as a 2 channel thing. The Beta channel sounded good even in the demo on that page, but the Model T channel never made it out of the clean range.
Yeah I dunno then man, sorry
I still want one of the Beta Lead ones though, if only I could conveniently power the prick over here.
Quote by T7E
I still want one of the Beta Lead ones though, if only I could conveniently power the prick over here.

Do you happen to know any local pedal maker/cloner? There are schematics of the Beta Lead online, maybe hit someone up and see what they can do.
I just put down a deposit an absolutely epic limited run fuzz pedal from anarchy audio in perth actually. will be here next week, number 3/5. Kind of like a twosome but you can run both sides simultaneously. It's a superuzz into a muff so it'll be nuts and should have me covered on the hi-gain front for a while.
I'll have to remember this for the future however it never even occurred to me to do that cheers

If you end up grabbing one of those Correct sounds though be sure to let us all know how it is man