Poll: What do you think of them?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think of them?
Good if used correctly
81 83%
4/4 is gay.
8 8%
Pretentious.
6 6%
I'd be willing to petition them to be ****ing banned.
2 2%
Voters: 98.
Page 1 of 3
Regardless of the poll outcome I'm sure you'll find a way to feel superior to everyone anyway.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
time travel ain't possible yo.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Time signature changes are gaudy and pretentious. Anyone who changes their signature, or uses asymmetrical signatures are obviously tryhard fags who think that it makes their music better. They've confused themselves into thinking that the fact that their song is in 13/8 time prevents it from being utter shit because the theoryfags are jizzing their pants over a 13/8 song.

Despite that, anyone who uses 4/4 time is a songwriting noob and is either too fucking untalented at writing music, or friggen lazy with his musical progression that he can't play outside of the box, or for shit.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
12/8 is the best. bootitikatitibootitikatitibootitikatitichatitichatiti <-me typing mimicking drums

Also a switch from that to a nice thrashy 4/4 is br00tal
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
i don't know about time signature changes but i sure do hope you like diaper changes

Ian, you think anything that isn't 4/4 and the same note all the way through is pretentious.
You seriously need to stop using the word pretentious all the time, it doesn't get any more pretentious than that.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Time signature changes are gaudy and pretentious. Anyone who changes their signature, or uses asymmetrical signatures are obviously tryhard fags who think that it makes their music better. They've confused themselves into thinking that the fact that their song is in 13/8 time prevents it from being utter shit because the theoryfags are jizzing their pants over a 13/8 song.

Despite that, anyone who uses 4/4 time is a songwriting noob and is either too fucking untalented at writing music, or friggen lazy with his musical progression that he can't play outside of the box, or for shit.

Ian/10

Quote by jjfeu662
12/8 is the best. bootitikatitibootitikatitibootitikatitichatitichatiti <-me typing mimicking drums

Also a switch from that to a nice thrashy 4/4 is br00tal

It is? But why? Tell us more, jjfeu...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 5, 2013,
I don't like the direction this thread is bound to take...

Anyway, time signature changes are cool if used well.

EDIT: Didn't vote in the poll because all of the poll options are shit.
Last edited by Jon777 at Aug 5, 2013,
what ****ing music do you like you furry twat

what music is acceptable to listen to

what am I allowed to listen to without being pretentious

piece of shit

stop listening to music with your cunt
I don't really care
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ian/10

It is? But why? Tell us more, jjfeu...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FniUZJ2U1CA

Example comes to mind. Pretty sure there are better, but I'll need to do a little more looking.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
My favorite time signature:

Ian / die of AIDS

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Personally, I am a little bit of a theory nerd (not a huge one, as I am also a mostly self taught theory nerd) and find signature changes to be the bee's knees.

That said, pull them off well please.
Quote by Xiaoxi
My favorite time signature:

Ian / die of AIDS

*puts on monocle*

This must be one of those "odd time signatures" I've heard so much about.

*Listens to Xiaoxi's new piece that uses Ian/die of AIDS*

BRILLIANT!
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 5, 2013,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

I know this sounds crazy but this is really similar to what goes through my mind when I write/record anything anymore.

Yes, even with the contradictions between paragraphs.

Reason I made this thread was because I wrote a riff for my guitarist's song (essentially an extension of an earlier riff) that naturally fell into 11/8, and the song alters between 6/8 and 4/4 frequently. Not forced, either.

Wanted to know opinions before I consider doing anything more with it. Or, any other of my songs with varying time sigs.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Wanted to know opinions before I consider doing anything more with it. Or, any other of my songs with varying time sigs.

If you like it and think it sounds good I don't know why my opinion on time signature changes matters.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
I know this sounds crazy but this is really similar to what goes through my mind when I write/record anything anymore.

Yes, even with the contradictions between paragraphs.

Reason I made this thread was because I wrote a riff for my guitarist's song (essentially an extension of an earlier riff) that naturally fell into 11/8, and the song alters between 6/8 and 4/4 frequently. Not forced, either.

Ian, 4 words:

Stop being a fuckwit!

Seriously, why do you need us to say "we think time signature changes are good, if done well" before you decide to use time signature changes?
I don't care and it's not like I ever notice it anyways.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ian, 4 words:

Stop being a fuckwit!

Seriously, why do you need us to say "we think time signature changes are good, if done well" before you decide to use time signature changes?

Don't say fuckwit. It's super dumb.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Rather than just close this thread, or moan about how terrible it/Ian is, I'm just gonna quote everything I said from the 'Roasting Ian' thread so I can feel superior and laugh at my own (terrible) jokes whenever this thread ends up in my User Control Panel...

Quote by DisarmGoliath
If my dog had a face like Ian's, I'd shave its butt and make it walk backwards... which is ironic, as then Ian really could go and fuck himself, by partaking in one of his favourite animal pastimes.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
I believe the last time he saw that dog, it left shivering like a white mouse in a tampon factory... probably another of his fetishes.

Judging by the stuff he posts, if Ian was anymore inbred he'd be a fucking sandwich.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Ian called up the RSPCA Advice Line the other day, but apparently it's only for the victims of animal cruelty.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Ian went to see the doctor the other day, to get some jabs (tetanus, rabies, etc.). The doctor approved of his caution, but soon changed his mind when he asked where Ian was going nice on holiday, and got the reply "Oh, I'm just going out on the pull tonight."

...and finally
Quote by DisarmGoliath
What's the difference between Ian's refrigerator and Ian's pet dog?

The fridge doesn't fart when he takes the meat out.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
My other fav time signature:

Disarm / Awwww Snap

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by lolmnt
Don't say fuckwit. It's super dumb.

I felt it was more polite than calling him a "halfwit", despite the obvious reference to the word.
Quote by Xiaoxi
My other fav time signature:

Disarm / Awwww Snap

Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I play what comes naturally. If something naturally comes out as 7/8 or 9/8 or 5/4 or whatever then I run with it. I'm not going to write a riff in an unusual time signature just for the sake of writing something in an odd time signature.
Page 1 of 3