My spider valve 112 seems to make a clicking/ticking sound. What could it be?
More info needed.

When does it do it? What kind of clicking? On any specific setting? Have you changed the valves? Tested guitar/cable/pedals?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Seems to happen when i hit the strings on the guitar. The tubes have been in the amp, since i bought it used. On the metal settings
Last edited by Axelfox at Aug 6, 2013,
Make a recording so we can hear what's going on. This is incredibly vague.
Is it some weird noise gate issue?
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
My Marshall JTM30 also used to do that just give your amp to a guitar store and ask to service it!
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Too much shredding. Sorry, there's no cure.

Jokes aside, have you got a spare pre amp valve? Try switching it round with the old one/ones (can't make out if it's got a full valve pre amp, but that'd be a bit odd since it's a modeller. My knowledge is limited, though).

If that doesn't help, take it to a tech. Either there's something going on with the fiddly part of the amp, where you shouldn't put your fingers, or it's the power valves, which, if the amp requires re-biasing, you shouldn't do yourself. This since you don't seem too knowledgeable around amps, and they can release lethal shocks even after you've unplugged them.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Try tapping on the tubes when the amp is on. If you hear the same pop it's probably a poor contact. It happens.

Pull the tubes out and clean the pins(deoxit), then install them and work them around in a circular motion.

Past that if it still makes the pop from the tube / socket the contacts either need to get bent back in or replaced.

Never mess with a tube socket with the amp on or while still plugged in... Lethal voltages are present. Never spray contact cleaner in the socket...

And most of the popping comes from the power tube socket connections. It also could be a bad tube as well. Hopefully you have spares.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.