right guys, this is my question, im looking for a pedal that gives me a bit more grunt when it comes to gain....

im currently using a blackstar S1-45 combo which can be pretty high gain itself especially on the super crunch setting, i have the gain at level 6, i know i could turn this up on the amp itself but then i dont want to be using it that high all the time so im looking for suggestions as to what i could use stomp box wise to increase the gain when needed....hope this makes sense

cheers
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
get a Tube screamer of some type: volume max, gain 0-2, tone to taste.

This will boost your signal and make your overall sound fatter and cut better
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ yeah. digitech bad monkey is good on the cheap.

if you want something more transparent, get something along the lines of a timmy/bluesbreaker/bd2. again, on the cheap, the digitech screamin blues is pretty nice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm sort of a fan of the tubescreamer 808, but on the cheaper side the BOSS sd-1 could help you
Quote by lightdark
Get a blackstar-ht metal pedal.

No

He has an amp that will create the amount of distortion he wants, all he needs is a OD to boost the signal not add distortion like the HT pedal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate