The world would be an overall better place if the US was never born
21 33%
The world would be an overall worse place if the US was never born
26 41%
Human history wouldnt play out much differently
16 25%
Voters: 63.
Page 1 of 2
Let's say the rebels lost the revolutionary war, and the 13 colonies never became an independent nation from Britain, how would human history evolve from there?

This isn't a thread complimenting, or critizing the US, but there is no denying that the US has shaped human history dramatically during its short 237 year existence. Whether the US did more good or bad is of course an opinion, and there is no right answer.

Keep note, the actual continents of North and South America still exist in this alternate universe, its just the country US never became a country.

So how would life be right now if the US was never born? Would we as humans be more or less advanced than we are now? Would the internet as we know it even exist, considering that the internet was originally a top secret US govt program as a way to keep communications within the govt in case the country was nuked by the USSR? Would the allies have won WW2? Or a better question, would WW2 even happen if the US didn't exist?

Would life be overall better or worse than it is now if the US never became a country?

In my opinion, you can't really say whether it would be better or worse because that is subjective, however humans would probably be around 50 to 70 years behind in technology compared to the stage we are at now. Without the US, there would be no Cold War, and during the Cold War, the US and USSR pumped so much money and effort into scientific research to have the upper hand on each other, that most of the technology we use today can all be traced back to these past 30 to 50 years during the Cold War.

Its ironic how quickly we can advance through technologies that were originally intended to destroy the other side.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Aug 6, 2013,
A lot less freedom.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Probably have flying cars/hover boards.

Assholes...
always ruining everything!
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Well for one, 911 wouldn't have happened so we wouldn't have to have those extensive security checks at airports, oh, and all those people wouldn't have died, but mainly the airport thing.
I'm going to go ahead and say that there is no way of knowing this, and that discussing this is pointless. And not even the fun kind of pointless, like "Who would be the best prostitute? Wonderwoman or Catwoman?".
Quote by The_Casinator
I'm going to go ahead and say that there is no way of knowing this, and that discussing this is pointless. And not even the fun kind of pointless, like "Who would be the best prostitute? Wonderwoman or Catwoman?".

Wonderman would probably rip your cock off. Catwoman would be the only sensible choice.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Wonderman would probably rip your cock off. Catwoman would be the only sensible choice.

yeah plus that sexy growl

But then again ian...

yeah I'd go with wonderwoman
Nothing's better than a woman that could rip your **** off

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
yeah plus that sexy growl

But then again ian...

yeah I'd go with wonderwoman
Nothing's better than a woman that could rip your **** off

Yes, it would get a bit Ian what with the sandpapery tongue of a cat on your junk, but Halle Berry is one woman I wouldn't mind taking on a picnic, even if her movie was an abortion.
there would be no electricity

have fun in the dark stupid eurofags
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Yes, it would get a bit Ian what with the sandpapery tongue of a cat on your junk, but Halle Berry is one woman I wouldn't mind taking on a picnic, even if her movie was an abortion.

Was halle berry cat woman?

I've never seen the movie, but like.... halle berry.

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
"the world would be better if we didn't exist"

this
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by The_Casinator

Catwoman was a prostitute, question is invalid.
Quote by The_Casinator

Of course it is but this is the /b/ of guitar forums. Do you really thing that matters in this context?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I'd say the US has contributed more to the growth of the world in these last 236 years than the detriment of the last 2 decades.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
where is the poll option for "i don't fucking know and i'm not a cock enough to bother speculating"
Quote by theogonia777
there would be no electricity

have fun in the dark stupid eurofags
Nah, someone else would've picked up an apple and used it.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Eastwinn
where is the poll option for "i don't fucking know and i'm not a cock enough to bother speculating"

this

i voted for worse place though because im cool and edgy like that
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Impossible to say.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by korinaflyingv
no it wouldn't

You're right. It would be called Oceania.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
The UK would be the country everyone thinks is the worst.

No change there!
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
The UK would be the country everyone thinks is the worst.

i thought this was already the case
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
The Brits would rule the world.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Everyone knows American invented freedom. Without that, it would become like Nineteen Eighty-Four. Look how cultured I am referencing a book by that Oswell guy. American education is clearly superior.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
the scandinavians would probably rule the world if they werent nice people
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Zombee
I'd say the US has contributed more to the growth of the world in these last 236 years than the detriment of the last 2 decades.

America did nothing up until the 20th century.
Funny how ignorant xenophobia is chastised unless the subject is anything Americana. I can only wonder if it's perverse hatred or bizarre jealousy that motivates it.
Quote by Rossenrot
Funny how ignorant xenophobia is chastised unless the subject is anything Americana. I can only wonder if it's perverse hatred or bizarre jealousy that motivates it.

Haha yeah, i think is pretty obvious with how petty it all is.

Quote by The_Casinator
America did nothing up until the 20th century.

I think you're with the minority with that opinion.
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
What about the UK? Surely they are responsible for far more atrocities in the world than the US. Much of Europe too, really. Why always the focus on the US?
Page 1 of 2