Its cool. Would be a lot cooler if it was made by a lesser known Luthier rather than a large corporation that charge too much for their guitars. Im sure the guys putting it togeather had a lot of fun though. But cool none the less.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Aug 6, 2013,
The name behind it is irrelevant. How does that make it any cooler or lamer?

Judge the guitar on its merits.

I don't like the design that much, it's a cool concept though.
There was a lot of discussion about that, actually. Disclaimer here: I actually joined the company that commissioned the guitar back in May, which is a pretty cool gig. They also built a chopper that's pretty amazing. The whole idea behind the company is to take original materials and artifacts from the Statue & Ellis Island that were preserved during the centennial restoration back in the 80's, and make new works of art in the spirit of Lady Liberty.

It would certainly have been an option to go with a smaller shop, but Gibson has been an awesome partner, and they're an iconic brand in their own right, all around the world.

In the end, I think that there will be a mix of "mainstream" and "artisan" works produced, but all will be held to a very high standard.
Aesthetically, that's disgusting. Semantically, it's childish patriotism.

In terms of actual quality, it probably plays pretty well
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
^ Yea, I agree with this.

I'll never understand the American interpretation of freedom and liberty, and separately; the general celebration of a select portion of humanity encapsulated by invisible borders.
Quote by Mephaphil
^ Yea, I agree with this.

I'll never understand the American interpretation of freedom and liberty, and separately; the general celebration of a select portion of humanity encapsulated by invisible borders.
Basically you have freedom and liberty officially but outside of the books if you're black, a woman, gay, trans or otherwise you can go **** yourself.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I'll get right on that, then.

Oh, you didn't mean that in a good way, did you.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I love unique guitars.

Quote by Banjocal
Basically you have freedom and liberty officially but outside of the books if you're black, a woman, gay, trans or otherwise you can go **** yourself.

Wow I almost cut myself on that edge. Love it or leave it.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
^don't deny that America is still hugely prejudiced.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
^don't deny that America is still hugely prejudiced.

America isn't- people are.

People everywhere, and of all genders, races, faiths and whatnot.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
America isn't- people are.

People everywhere, and of all genders, races, faiths and whatnot.

And those people collectively make up America. So the people of America are in the least as a generalisaton. And considering how rife the government is with it all.

Anyways this is OT so let's leave for another thread.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
And those people collectively make up America. So the people of America are in the least as a generalisaton. And considering how rife the government is with it all.

I could say the same of Europe, and from personal experience.

Europe is no more free of prejudice than the USA- its just that the nature of those prejudices is slightly different.

Ditto Asia.

But I wouldn't say those areas are prejudiced, just that prejudices exist within some of the people who live there.

Nor would I say that those governments- here at least- are "rife" with prejudices.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 6, 2013,
Ja, Europe is also pretty damn bad.

The British government is. And the American one exhibits some very big ones at times.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I could say the same of Europe, and from personal experience.

Europe is no more free of prejudice than the USA- its just that the nature of those prejudices is slightly different.

Ditto Asia.

But I wouldn't say those areas are prejudiced, just that prejudices exist within some of the people who live there.

Nor would I say that those governments- here at least- are "rife" with prejudices.

Being from India, I agree with this. Prejudices exist everywhere, and via people. It's only angering that most of the prejudiced ones are in positions of IMMENSE power.

P.S.: I like the guitar (to stay on topic)
Quote by Banjocal
Aesthetically, that's disgusting. Semantically, it's childish patriotism.

In terms of actual quality, it probably plays pretty well

this.
banned
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Wow I almost cut myself on that edge. Love it or leave it.

Are you ****ing serious?

Am I being trolled?

Is this the pit?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
In an effort to re-rail this thread, I have the following opinions:
1. I recently went to New York, and I thought it was nice.
2. Upon seeing it, I thought the Statue of Liberty was nice.
3. I think this guitar looks nice.
Quote by Offworld92
Is this the pit?

Hard to tell. This is why threads generally need more content beyond "Look at this thing. Look at it."