Hey Guys,

I've been looking in to the Jackson Dinky DK2MHT and I was wondering what's the difference between the Dinky and Soloist?

The DK2MHT looks like a good purchase as it comes loaded with Duncans ('59 and JB).
Depends on the Soloist you're comparing it to.

Generally though, Dinky bodies are 7/8th's the size of a Soloist's (Hence the Dinky's name) and Soloists are neck-through rather than bolt-on.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
didn't someone say a while back that soloists were the same size as dinkies? i just assumed what you said.

agreed about the bolt-on versus neck-thru thing. that's the main difference, really.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Bolt on and neck thru

Body size (mainly the horns)

Dinkies:
Old dinkies (DKMG, DK2M, DK2s, etc.) Japan
Pro series: India
USA: ... usa

Soloists:
Old Pro series and some old OLD soloists: Japan
X series: India
USA: usa
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-1000
ESP EDWARDS LP-92CD
Shchecter ATX Blackjack
Fender Deluxe Stratocaster (H-S-S)
i think the new pro dinkies are mexican
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah ok, great. They look and sound great and for the price I may have to check them out. Yeah the new ones are Mexican.
Fender owns Jackson, so Mexico makes sense. I just wonder if the Mexican models of today are comparable to the old Japanese models. I've had a few Dinky guitars over the years that were superb instruments. I've never had a problem with a Mexican Fender though, so it's reasonable to assume they'll be pretty well made.
Can anyone tell me why the Hard Tail version of the DK2M costs more than the Floyd Rose?

It's around £50 more which seems stupid as you get more on the FR version.
^^ I would guess (based on my experience with MIM fenders) that the MIM Jacksons won't be quite as nice as the old MIJs, but should still be reasonable instruments.

Of course, I haven't tried them so that's only guesswork at best.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah ok, well I gave a shop a call about the MIM Dinky and Soloist and considering your spending £590 - £660 you don't even get a gig bag Which is a bit pants as my RR5 came with a solid case (big bad mutha hubbard).

A lot of people online have said the MIJ Jacksons are better than the MIM ones.
i haven't tried the new MIMs but i'd suspect so.

it's also gonna be obvious if they are since you have one
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Viowithcrailtap

A lot of people online have said the MIJ Jacksons are better than the MIM ones.

I can confirm the MIJ ones a lovely to play. MIM ones are good but not as nice as the MIJ ones.

Only reason im selling mine is because i dont like floyds
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals