Page 1 of 6
what do you think should be censored and what shouldn't.

definitely not censored:
fuck
cock

should still be censored:
faggot
whore
cunt
retard
nigger (nigga remains uncensored)

should be censored from now on:
fag
slut
bitch

what are your thoughts? if your thoughts are "lol nothing should be censored freddom 1984" then you should play the game right or not post at all.
I'd agree with your list beside bitch.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'd agree with your list beside bitch.
Yeah I agree misogynist slurs are totally acceptable.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
if slut gets censored i'd be so depressed

and on a mildly related note, I've always wanted a motion sensor water gun guarding my door from people who wish to knock
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

and on a mildly related note, I've always wanted a motion sensor water gun guarding my door from people who wish to knock

it would probably misfire more than you
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

I think it should just so it's harder for you to call me a slut
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Well I don't cuss nor am I offended by it, so it doesn't bother me. Though it's kind of retarded how retard is censored.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Aug 6, 2013,
I'm not a fan of word filters in-general. If people want to be stupid idiots and assholes, fine. It's the internet, they can't follow you or send you messages you can't just delete.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I don't think anything should be censored except racial epithets.

EDIT: Also, bitch being censored would just make me more likely to say cunt. As long as I have to bypass the filter for something might as well make it a good one.
Last edited by Seref at Aug 6, 2013,
I've always found censoring certain words on forums pointless. It's so easy to get around the censors it makes them completely useless.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Eastwinn

should be censored from now on:
fag
slut
bitch

what are your thoughts? if your thoughts are "lol nothing should be censored freddom 1984" then you should play the game right or not post at all.

But what about the breaking bad thread? at least a third of it would become incoherent. I guess most of it already is tho.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
But what about the breaking bad thread? at least a third of it would become incoherent. I guess most of it already is tho.

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Eastwinn

no stop trying to censor me you freedom hating fag
Quote by Eastwinn

Upon reconsideration, I think "Eastwinn" should be censored. I get so upset every time I see that.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Want a fag?

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
I think it should all be like nigga where only girls are allowed to say bitch and cunt and only guys are allowed to say dick and prick.

I'd like to take this moment to point out how retarded it is that the only words in this post that are censored are cunt and retarded. Double standards all up in this retard cunt.
Let's not, ****ing ****
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by necrosis1193
Upon reconsideration, I think "Eastwinn" should be censored. I get so upset every time I see that.

there's actually a forum function for that.

----

if you want to refer to a cigarette as a fag you can always bypass the censor. the point is to make it annoying for people to use words that we (i) deem unacceptable.

also (i) looks a tad like a vulva
I think any word you can hear on television should be fair game.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
i think the only one that should be censored is 'lol.' and its more annoying cousin, 'lulz.'
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Eastwinn
what do you think should be censored and what shouldn't.

definitely not censored:
fuck
cock

is this your outing thread?

fag

faggot is though. anyway, fag is a legit word to describe people who smoke in your face.

patriarch should be added.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
is this your outing thread?

faggot is though. anyway, fag is a legit word to describe people who smoke in your face.

patriarch should be added.

fag is a legit word that can be used legitimately by bypassing the censor if you can't go without it. 90% of the time it is used as a homophobic slur and i'd like to make life harder for those who use it that way.

your insult at the end is appreciated, and no i've come out as bisexual to this forum on a previous occasion.
oh okay.

it's only fair seeing as I pushed for retard to go because it was offensive to brits, and fag is offensive outside of britain.

I'm not getting why fuck would be removed though?
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
How is retard only offensive in Britain? Doesn't it have the same meaning everywhere?

Also, this thread just shows how stupid these censors are since every person has bypassed them in this thread
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Regardless what anyone thinks of the offensiveness of the words, none of them should be censored simply because they can be bi-passed easily anyway.
Yeah this really. Freedom of speech means you can say what you want, but the mods - and to a lesser extent the "public" - can react to it on here how they please.

That said censoring "bitch", "******" etc on a forum at least wouldn't bother me all that much.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by WCPhils
How is retard only offensive in Britain? Doesn't it have the same meaning everywhere?

Also, this thread just shows how stupid these censors are since every person has bypassed them in this thread

well, somewhere along the way it went from 'not being politically correct' to 'quite offensive'

I think it was parents/teachers telling us as kids to not call disabled or anyone with learning disabilities it, because it was rude and un-pc and (speaking from my experience) we were told in such a stern manner that we assumed it was tremendously offensive. I'm betting it was probably driven by some charity or govt group making a clear decision to get everyone to use a more polite term.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I don't particularly see why any words should be censored. You have to be over 13 to use UG, and at 13 kids already know and use all of those words casually anyway. I doesn't add anything to have censors particularly.

And given how easy it is to get around the censors using formatting or images, what's even the point?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Aug 6, 2013,
the problem with retard is that it's a slur. that's the problem i have with every word i listed to be censored and stay censored. we're all adults here, we can handle "naughty" words like fuck but we shouldn't be okay with people handing out slurs.

obviously people can bypass the censor. this is necessary anyway for threads like this, otherwise you guys would have no clue what i'm talking about. what i want to do is make it harder for people to use slurs. i know some people will just bypass them, and i'll berate them for it. but if fag was censored, maybe pat wouldn't use 10 times in every post. maybe he'd bring it down to 1 or 2.
Bitch isn't rooted in misogyny, so I can take or leave it.

I don't think any word should be censored, I just think you're an absolute idiot if you stoop to homophobic or racial slurs.
Quote by Eastwinn
the problem with retard is that it's a slur. that's the problem i have with every word i listed to be censored and stay censored. we're all adults here, we can handle "naughty" words like fuck but we shouldn't be okay with people handing out slurs.

It's only a slur if it's directed at someone with a mental disability. If I say 'current Tory policy is ******ed' then it's not a slur, and if I said 'current Tory policy has ******ed the progress of civil liberties' then it would be an entirely separate and 'clean' use of the word.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
It's only a slur if it's directed at someone with a mental disability. If I say 'current Tory policy is ******ed' then it's not a slur, and if I said 'current Tory policy has ******ed the progress of civil liberties' then it would be an entirely separate and 'clean' use of the word.

i agree on the second point. if someone wants to use retard in that sense then they can bypass the censor like i just did.

on the first point: "current Tory policy is retarded" uses the name of a group of people in a vastly negative sense. that's unacceptable. it is exactly likable to saying "current Tory policy is gay".
Using retarded or gay to describe something is like calling a blonde Norwegian a nigger. It's so out of context that it loses all offensive meaning.
Quote by blake1221
Bitch isn't rooted in misogyny, so I can take or leave it.

I don't think any word should be censored, I just think you're an absolute idiot if you stoop to homophobic or racial slurs.
It's become rooted in it through modern colloquial language.

Quote by Seref
Using retarded or gay to describe something is like calling a blonde Norwegian a nigger. It's so out of context that it loses all offensive meaning.

Are you ****ing joking?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 6, 2013,