We are going to visit Nashville for a week or so at the end of September. What are some things that are must sees in and around Nashville? Gonna hit up Third Man Records for sure. what else?
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Visit NL16
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You know, there's this great thing called the internet where you can go to google, type in "What to do in Nashville, TN", and figure out what sights there are. Just thought I'd let you know, TS.
yes and part of this "great thing" of the internet are "forums" that generally have people of like minds that COULD give better direction and hints. But i apologize for taking you away from your busy schedule of curing cancer and making the next space shuttle and wasting your time with my petty questions.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Instead of being a douche that suggests LMGTFY like the above...how about some ideas?

-Set up a way to check out the Ryman, whether it be a show or for a tour. It's one of the most historical venues in the country.

-Stop on by one of the fun microbrews in town, like Yazoo or Blackstone. Yazoo is the better brew; Blackstone is the better visit.

-If you are touristy, hit up Broadway. It has all the shops, cowboy bars, etc., that you'd expect if you think stereotypical Nashville.

-Bluebird Cafe is where it's really at for music/songwriting. It's hard to get into, but if you can, squeeze that in.

-Centennial Park is a pretty nice place if you are looking to just walk around and enjoy the outdoors without leaving the city, and it is the site of the art museum modeled after the Parthenon.

That should get you started, but there are lots of little goodies in various parts of town (such as the overpriced but fun-to-visit American Pickers shop). If you want to find more of those hidden gems, that might be where forums/digging on Google might come in handy; however, this should be a good start for ideas. Enjoy!

***EDIT*** Just visited your neck of the woods down in Clearwater. Gotta say, Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater area is pretty sweet.
Last edited by SawGuru at Aug 6, 2013,
Quote by zenbone
yes and part of this "great thing" of the internet are "forums" that generally have people of like minds that COULD give better direction and hints. But i apologize for taking you away from your busy schedule of curing cancer and making the next space shuttle and wasting your time with my petty questions.

Apology accepted.
Thanks Saw Guru, gonna hit up the American Pickers shop just to check it out. No way i can afford anything there. Definitely going to hit up that microbrew one of the nights, sounds like a great night. Just starting to search out stuff to do. Really excited to finally get there.
- Glad you dug Tampa/Clearwater!
Quote by BlackVoid
Quote by zenbone
We are going to visit Nashville for a week or so at the end of September. What are some things that are must sees in and around Nashville? Gonna hit up Third Man Records for sure. what else?

I spent New Year's in Nashville, I was going to say go see Third Man records. Maybe go to Grimey's record shop. I had some great BBQ, but I can't recall the place.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by zenbone
Thanks Saw Guru, gonna hit up the American Pickers shop just to check it out.

My friend Dusty works there, so say hi, and my friend David (Dusty's brother) works at Garage Coffee Company so stop on in there, and say hi!

David's a pop musician in Nashville http://www.reverbnation.com/thisisdavidsmith
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Last edited by Toadvine at Aug 6, 2013,
Go out and buy a gretsch guitar seems like everyone in nashville has one
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by SawGuru
*living in Murfreesboro*

This may seem a bit odd, but do you know of a band called The Protomen? They're from Murfreesboro and someone on another forum said that pretty much everyone from there has heard of them. They're not an altogether well-known band, so I'm a little speculative of what he said, even if it was a bit of a hyperbole.
Gibson Factory
Grande Ole Opry

Thats all I can think of atm
Quote by naedauuf
Shit working 24 hours a week at $12 an hour makes me rich?

BOW BEFORE ME PEASANTS.
be sure to hit up the gaylord entertainment complex for some quality, high-scoring hockey