NPUD: Lollar Blackface Strat Pick Ups

I've been after a nice set of Strat pick ups to replace my Texas Specials with and finally found a nice set at a good price. At the time I had my heart set on the Silders Vintage 59/SRV spec pick ups but at $330 for a set they were a little steep.

Anyway I was browsing gumtree and saw a 2010 set of Lollar Blackface pick ups for $150. So I jumped on it straight away. I just installed them on Sunday into my Squier Classic Vibe 60's Strat and wow what a difference. This is the traditional strat sound in spades. So clear and quacky yet somehow very punchy and beefy. These blow away the Texas Specials easily. There is no muddiness or mid spike, and there seems to be a lot more sustain in them to. Combined with my Deluxe Reverb I have a clean SRV tone that I just can't believe. If you ever questioned or looked into the Lollar Blackface set, seriously do yourself a favour and go get them!

Thanks all.

nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yay! Haven't even considered another Strat set since I got my Blackfaces 3 years ago.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Yay! Haven't even considered another Strat set since I got my Blackfaces 3 years ago.

Yeah I don't think I will ever look at another set of pickups again tbh. They are that good! I know I've only had two days with them but they are just world's apart from Texas Specials and I already feel like they are keepers.