Lyrax
I need a weapon.
3,575 IQ
Yo.
I hope that I posted this in the right forum.
So I am about to start a project and soon to be band (I hope) but I have a hard time naming it.

Most materials I`ve written is about pretty negative stuff. I don`t know if I could say that it`s about my inner daemons but it feels so kind of. I`ve been through a lot of heavy shit lately and I`m using this as a release valve for all of my thoughts.

The music is mostly in moll.
Kinda like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n4KO1-q1Eg
It`s about:
hate, rejection, love, death, fear, anxiety, suicide and negative thoughts overall.

Names that came across my mind is The killer inside or They are my Friends.

What do you think?
Dissonance is underrated.
Last edited by Lyrax at Aug 6, 2013,
manualex
180 IQ
Merengue Killa
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Lyrax
I need a weapon.
3,575 IQ
Quote by Jehannum
"Usual Teenage Stuff"

Death within your family can happen to anyone. It doesn't have to be teen stuff.
Cavalcade
razor sharp
1,942 IQ
Actually, give it a chance. An "ironic" name like "Usual Teenage Stuff" (or "High School Bullshit", for bonus SYL reference points and metal cred) shows you have a sense of humor, and aren't too uptight. If you're doing nu-metal, that's really important, because the last thing people want is a nu-metal band that's totally up its own ass. Not saying you are, it's just an image thing.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Cavalcade
Actually, give it a chance. An "ironic" name like "Usual Teenage Stuff" (or "High School Bullshit", for bonus SYL reference points and metal cred) shows you have a sense of humor, and aren't too uptight. If you're doing nu-metal, that's really important, because the last thing people want is a nu-metal band that's totally up its own ass. Not saying you are, it's just an image thing.

OT:
As lame as it sounds, I named my solo project back in High School by using a band name generator.
Lyrax
I need a weapon.
3,575 IQ
Then I'll name it Pardon my boner then! Memorable I'd say.
mattfreywsp
10 IQ
My two man gig that i play in goes by the name "General Dissarray"

We write about a lot of the stuff you are talking about
AngryGoldfish
do I "urk" you?
6,606 IQ
Moved to Bandleading. This may also be appropriate in Promote Your Band, but I'm not sure. It doesn't belong in Songwriting & Lyrics anyway.