Well i have an old esp ltd v-50 that just isnt cutting it anymore . Espically when i compare it to my syn gates custom and besides i think ive out grown that low end250 $ guitar that has poor pick ups. So im thinking about upgrading. It most likely be a v becuse ive just always found them real comfy when sitting. I would like a rrs custom , i forgot which one. All i rember was it was white and gold and sounded awesome , but it was about 1,000 i think ,so it was a lil out my price range. So have any suggestions? im looking at about 400-700$. And im also dont trust and jackson vs under 500$ cuz i hear bad things about them.
Just asking for a V in that price range is too vague, anything more specific?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Well i would prefer it had emgs and an ebony fretboard and of course plenty of shredding tone
Check the LTD Hex 7, not sure it's within your price range though, might have to stretch it a little.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Id say hit up a used Alexi-600, has the Jackson v shape, EMG, and Ebony fretboard. Plus a lot of used ones will have an Active EMG swapped in already (the HZ that comes with it new is shite)
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by RCA1186
Id say hit up a used Alexi-600, has the Jackson v shape, EMG, and Ebony fretboard. Plus a lot of used ones will have an Active EMG swapped in already (the HZ that comes with it new is shite)

I was thinking about looking for one until i heard they started changing the pickups like u said and isnt there only like 50 of the orginal black and pink ones ?
If you can find a good condition Jackson RR3 or RR5 on ebay, I'd highly suggest either one.
Look for an old Ibanez Flying V. My neighbor owns one, I can't get enough of it. I compared it side by side to my Iceman and my M100FM, and it beats the M100, and was on par with my Iceman (same exact pickups in both guitars, and oddly enough same strings). They may or may not have EMGs in them, but they still sound great and may not cost much at all. Best of all, they will mostly be vintage, so if you decide to sell it, you could get more $$$ than what you paid for when you got it, so long as you don't trash it. If all else fails, look at practically anything you like EXCEPT for Gibson; I don't like their Vs except for collectors purposes.
"Go roll around in your sic."- Corey Taylor

Firm hater of the Les Paul. Fan of the Iceman.

You just can't have enough guitars. It is impossible for that to happen.
Do you want a Flying V, a KK style V or an RR style V? You mentioned all three styles in your post.

Whereabouts are you located?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
DBZ, Fernandes, and Reverends all make nifty Vs, though you might have to go used to get them in your price range.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
This is rather silly. Just about every brand out there have some kind of V shape out there. I have a gibson Gothic V (2001ish) it is one hell of a guitar. The pickups in there 496 and 500t are great. Really nice neck seemed a tad thinner than a 60's gibson profile. $380 w/ohsc. Sometimes you get lucky. Unless you are set on an RR play a nice (not faded) gibson and see what you think.

there are other options out there too. But don't count out gibsons with at least trying it out.

+1 to others with mij Jackson recommendation, I owned several mij Jacksons and have never been disappointed.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/