Hey everyone,

So I was at my girlfriend's grandfather's house tonight and he decided to show me his old guitar. Turns out its a Epiphone Triumph Serial number 69000 (Think that dates it to 1956). I've been trying to look for more information on the guitar and haven't been able to find anything.

Anybody have any sort of idea where I can find more info and even potentially how much its worth (I know its worth what someone will pay..but generally speaking)

Thanks!
Brad

Last edited by BradBialyMusic at Aug 6, 2013,
I don't know about more information on THAT guitar, but using the search term, "epiphone triumph archtop", Google provided 23,000+ results in less than a 1/4 second....: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=epiphone+triumph+archtop&oq=+Epiphone+Triumph+&gs_l=firefox-hp.1.1.0l9j0i22i30.2257.2257.0.8688.1.1.0.0.0.0.149.149.0j1.1.0....0...1ac.2.24.firefox-hp..0.1.149.xBvY6HjwSC8

And BTW thanx! Now I'll have Dire Straits, "Sultans of Swing", running through my head for the next 3 weeks.

Groovy guitar though...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Aug 7, 2013,
Yes nice guitar. Pity about the pick marks on the upper bout. How about a pix of the back. Cheers
Thanks for the help everyone. Really just trying to be able to find out exactly what we have here. I appreciate all the help!
Brad - nice looking guitar! From what I can tell it's an Epiphone Triumph from the mid-1950s - btw is the serial number exactly "69000"? This example appears to have been produced shortly before the Epiphone company was sold by the original owner family to CMI/Gibson in 1957 and production moved to Kalamazoo. By 1952 Epiphones were assembled in Philadelphia. Most Triumphs from the 1950s have a cutaway body, non-cutaways like this one are less common in those years. The pickup is a DeArmond Rhythm Chief model 1000 which can be mounted on the guitar without modification - a very common addition. The pickguard is a non-original replacement.