That's right. I want a shit ton of clean headroom from my Hiwatt Higain 100. So i can play at full whack and it's still clean is a whistle on the clean channel. But still keeping the grittyness and bass of the gain channel in tact, and the shit tone of gain. Oh god it's hard. Right now i think theyre just the standard Hiwatt valves? i don't know, it just got back from the Leeds factory, and i don't know what them northerners done. It has el34s btw. I wouldn't want to spend more than lets say, £170?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
That's right. I want a shit ton of clean headroom from my Hiwatt Higain 100. So i can play at full whack and it's still clean is a whistle on the clean channel. But still keeping the grittyness and bass of the gain channel in tact, and the shit tone of gain. Oh god it's hard. Right now i think theyre just the standard Hiwatt valves? i don't know, it just got back from the Leeds factory, and i don't know what them northerners done. It has el34s btw. I wouldn't want to spend more than lets say, £170?

edit: stupid image. so,

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Aug 7, 2013,
So damn hard.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Quote by NakedInTheRain

edit: stupid image. so,

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

THIS IS NOT THE PIT.

Thus...

Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Guys, i can't find any of the valves you've listed so far.
Quote by ZanasCross

Are you talking about preamp tubes, power tubes, or a full retube? Do you currently have an issue with your clean headroom, because I'd imagine that your amp would have a ton of headroom no matter what tubes you put in it.
Last edited by zl1288 at Aug 7, 2013,
12AU7, 5751, 12AY7, etc...

They're all lower gain versions of a 12AX7.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by NakedInTheRain
bitch, i live here. you get your arse back to that place full of 12 year olds and ****wits.

Lemme tell you something I've been around here since 20-f*cking-11 You've gotta be f*cking kidding me You’re f*cking kidding me What the f*ck I'm not a f*cking Justin Bieber You motherf*cker
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
wut
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
^ +1

5751 might be a decent place to start.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by NakedInTheRain
bitch, i live here. you get your arse back to that place full of 12 year olds and ****wits.

lulz, he just totally rolled up in your forum like he was a 5 yr member of tPBT

edit: i tend to use JJ's for my replacement tubes.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/jj-electronics-el34-power-vacuum-tube

they should cost you like ~80 usd for 4
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Aug 7, 2013,