So, I've played acoustics for a while (I'm pretty good at fingerpicking), and I'd like to try something new, so I'm buying an electric (only touched electrics like 3 times before in my life). I've been looking around the used market, and found 3 guitars that seem the most promising.

An Ibanez RGA42-BK (1500 SEK, £150),
An Epiphone Les Paul Special II (1800 SEK, £180),
A J&D YC-EG3 (1599 SEK, £160).

So, my questions:
Are these guitars any good, or would I be better off getting something different altogether?
Is the YC-EG3's tremolo gonna cause more problems than it's worth?
Which guitar is the most versatile? I like almost every genre of music.
Which guitar would you suggest I'd buy?

Thanks.
You'll have to try them out in person, or head down to a guitar shop and try similar ones. Those are 3 very different styles of guitars.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Spend the extra for the Les Paul Studio if you can, anything below is just a money trap with a fancy name.
Yuck - at least the first 2, haven't heard of the third. Save your money until you play the one you just can't live without. I wish I had that advice when I started and it took me 3 guitars bought online to make me promise myself I would NEVER buy a guitar without playing it first. I did buy a '61 LP Special Reissue lefty after that, but she turned out to be a keeper after a little love went into her.

A Fender Strat is always a good choice for the money. But I may be biased.
Last edited by 1152 at Aug 7, 2013,
If you want versatility, skip the RGA, it's got actives, and quite shitty ones.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.